xoom printing and texting?

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi guys,
I know nothing about tablets but want to get a xoom.
Does this print to printers? via bluetooth or usb? like my hp printer?

also, since I would be adding a line, does that make this another phone?
can I text with this thing?

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hi guys,

I believe not which is a disappointment. The Hp Touchpad coming out this summer you can because it links up with your phone. I also believe the Blackberry Playbook can also. I hope this is in the plans for the future of the Xoom,until then I'm holding out.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hi guys,

There are apps for printing and I even think Google has a cloud printing app or something as well. I know like Brother makes an android client printing app.

I'm not sure if the Xoom gets a phone number, I haven't even activated mine yet.

Are you by chance a Google Voice user? There doesn't seem to be a honeycomb version of Voice yet, but the browser experience is awesome. (good enough for now anyway)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine this morning at a local VZW store and activated it. I was surprised to discover that there is a phone number assigned to it.

It makes sense in a way, I think every time their system provisions a device it probably has to generate a number and probably for billing as well.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I actually wonder the same thing so I asked the guy there. And he said yes you can txt with the Xoom using the phone number however you get charged a per txt fee of like 10 or 20 cents each. So not the best way to go...

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if holds true here, but on my Galaxy Tab you couldn't install Google Voice. Since it isn't a phone it wouldn't let you.

ckeegan003

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
hi guys,
Motorola was supposed to be coming out with a printing solution for Android devices a while ago, but I have no idea whatever happened to it.

This is something I would really love to be able to do with my XOOM.