Yet another s23U battery thread

Apep4000

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
Did anyone manage to fix the battery issues on One UI 6.1? I have an S23 Ultra with the latest patches, but I'm still experiencing horrible battery life. At most, I can get 4-5 hours of screen-on time, with the same settings I've had in the past, when I used to get 7-8 hours of sot easily.

Things i've done:

• clearing the cache using the bootloader.
  • put the majority of the apps to deep sleep.
  • light performance mode ON.
  • low screen-timeout
  • adaptive battery on
I am wits end right now frankly, and I don't really know what to do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also in device care look into care report any apps giving issues?
4b6139c8352ecd50dee0d1d8ce6be30d.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey,
I just checked the care report and everything looks good. I have 0 issues in the last 30 days.
Also the security patch I received yesterday was the one from the 1st of May 2024.

Will try in the weekend safe-mode thingy and will report back if something changed. Thanks
Ok so you didn't get June's yet , let me know with safe mode

Reactions: Laura Knotek

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I had a rant thread about this because the charge was only lasting around six hours after the june update for a couple of days. Since the alexa app was using so much, I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. Today, the battery was down to just under 70 percent after eight hours. My suggestion is to find what apps are using the most charge, uninstall them, then reinstall.

Apep4000

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
I had a rant thread about this because the charge was only lasting around six hours after the june update for a couple of days. Since the alexa app was using so much, I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. Today, the battery was down to just under 70 percent after eight hours. My suggestion is to find what apps are using the most charge, uninstall them, then reinstall.
Thanks for the reply, will try that.
If all that fails, I will probably try to fully factory reset the phone then set everything back up manually.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
With adaptive battery on you should be definitely getting good battery, can you rest in safe mode for a day ? This disables red party apps only native apps will work see how battery life is
Hmmm. I had not heard that there's been a Communist insurgency to infiltrate app developers! 😱 Will resting in safe mode block all communist threats? 🧐
Too bad the U.S. can't put the Russian navel flotilla presently visiting Cuba into safe mode rest.

Other than that...oddly, my S23+ battery performance actually improved a bit after updating to 6.1 with:
  • majority of the apps in deep sleep
  • light performance mode ON
  • low screen-timeout

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm. I had not heard that there's been a Communist insurgency to infiltrate app developers! Will resting in safe mode block all communist threats?
Too bad the U.S. can't put the Russian navel flotilla presently visiting Cuba into safe mode rest.

Other than that...oddly, my S23+ battery performance actually improved a bit after updating to 6.1 with:
  • majority of the apps in deep sleep.
  • low screen-timeout
I'm not one for politics, I like tech , fast cars and stuff, but glad it's a non issue for you, mine on the s24u 6.1 been sometimes great SOT and other times not so great but regardless 1 day before charging

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not one for politics, I like tech , fast cars and stuff, but glad it's a non issue for you, mine on the s24u 6.1 been sometimes great SOT and other times not so great but regardless 1 day before charging
Me neither. Especially nowadays. And I'm still getting on avg 3~4+ days 'tween charges; charging to 85%; however, with approx only 2+/- hrs of sot per day.
  • majority of the apps in deep sleep
  • low screen-timeout
. . . So I could just be using it less. :unsure: As I wasn't paying much attention during 6.0 (which again, I sure wish I would've stayed at, as the 6.1 update ate up a ridiculous amount of gig's of storage, and what's worse, an entire GB+ of available RAM :mad: . . and why do they do that?!? To prematurely obsolete customers phones— so as to perpetually generate new upgrades & sales, I say! :rolleyes: ).

Anyhoo, I typically only use it as a phone and handy camera; not as a personal computer that's semi-permanently tethered to my hand 16~18 hrs per day. So not much data & wi-fi use. As I work most days either on a laptop or pc.

Last edited:

Apep4000

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
I decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset(also did not back anything up).
Will update this thread in a couple of days when the battery finishes doing its optimization thingy. Hopefully the battery drainage will be fixed :confused:

Reactions: winmod21

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Rather than edit, I'm making a second post so others see it. The light profile makes no performance difference day to day. Not sure about games but normal use you won't notice a difference.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APK_Inbox