Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Why are you still using the Garmin? You can long-press the search button, say "Navigate to XYZ", and Google Navigation will take you there just as well as any standalone GPS.

I don't have a car charger yet - don't want to burn up the battery on a long road trip. Plus - I love my Garmin!

Edit - nice tip though - this is my first smartphone, I wasn't aware of that feature, so it will be handy to have!

Last edited:

MasonDroid37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Several gripes...
I do not have one...I still don't have one...and will not have one until probably July (making it a reward for good deeds I am in the process of doing).....Did I mention yet that I don't have one....

joshuaaluke

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
my gripe is more with htc sense. i purchased the phone, so they obviously aren't deal breaking things...just things that are no brainers for HTC to add/take away.

1. when rearranging icons, it would make sense (ha) for you to not have to delete a shortcut to move a different shortcut to its place. it should cycle to the right or if you're changing what panel the shortcut resides on or dragging a new shortcut to a panel, it should ask if you'd like to remove the shortcut currently in the space you'd like to move the one you're dragging.

2. Along the same lines, you should be able to drag and drop panels when you zoom out, in the same way you would be able to with shortcuts in my "gripe 1.".

3. Too many "built-in" widgets/apps. You should have an HTC gallery to choose which ones you'd like to download and install instead of having them preinstalled.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
gripe? I would say not having full yahoo integration/sync. You can receive your yahoo mail but when you delete, that doesn't sync back to my actual inbox online (as far as i know unless i'm doing something wrong).
google eris problems with yahoo i had the same problem and it shoes how to set up....did last night and my yahoo mail keeps on coming

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I wish it the camer lense was built-in to the cover like the eris so incase something does happen you can get an extra case

jmcsmith

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The two problems that i have had are with battery life with heavy use (second cycle so this could change) and the landscape keyboard, the keyboard covers up the send button for sms messaging and for some reason i cannot get "Enter to send" to work.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The two problems that i have had are with battery life with heavy use (second cycle so this could change) and the landscape keyboard, the keyboard covers up the send button for sms messaging and for some reason i cannot get "Enter to send" to work.

Yeah, this seems to be how landscape mode works with the HTC keyboard on all their Android phones (with sense).

Other than what you mentioned, how's the keyboard in landscape? Does it lag at all compared to portrait mode?

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this was already said, but its seems to me that the HTC Clock/Weather Widget wont use your GPS to find your location for weather, you have to use the Wireless Networks option, and for some, like me it puts you where ever the closest Cell Tower is...

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
They bumped up my October 2010 NE2. You won't have any problem getting it bumped up.

Just got off the phone with VZW. I was trying to move my NE2 up...He says they couldn't do that. Furthermore, he tells me that the max NE2 is $50?!!? WTF is that? He said they changed it to $30 and $50 a year ago. That's ridiculous...

G

GenericMessage

Just got off the phone with VZW. I was trying to move my NE2 up...He says they couldn't do that. Furthermore, he tells me that the max NE2 is $50?!!? WTF is that? He said they changed it to $30 and $50 a year ago. That's ridiculous...

Since when!?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
How much are you trying to move it up? If it's not a ridiculous amount, they should be able to move it up. They moved mine up a month when I got my Tour.

And yeah, they changed it to $25 and $50 a while back, but you might still be eligible for the $100 depending on the last time you upgraded your phone.

Are you the primary account holder on your line? And if so, do you have an expensive plan? If both of those apply you should be able to get an Annual Upgrade for the 2-year contract price.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
How the hell do you get the big red LED bar at the top to blink for notifications? Isn't that the point of the LED on the phone?
This hasn't worked since I bought the phone and I have everything checked under the 'Sounds & Display/Notification' settings...
This has been my biggest gripe because I've missed just about every email/missed phone call when I step away for a second. Grrrrrr

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Since when!?

Sometime last year... Someone posted a specific date/timeframe over on AF's.. Forget, but doesn't matter. What's done is done..
When my wife upgraded to a new phone last July, the local store somehow bumped me from being the Primary line to secondary even tho I was 14 months into my original NE2. I never knew until last month since when I bought my phone in 2008, the NE2 was still $100.
I biatched and complained to CSR's over and over and finally a nice one just credited me $100 on my next bill. So, yea sucks I couldn't use it specifically to buy my phone yesterday, but at least I got $100 somehow from VZW :)
And everyone (CSR and 4 local stores) all said there's no way to "re-institute" the old $100 NE2.

It's ova hova! $50 is the best you can do from 2009+

mchristsen

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Gripes / Would like to have
1. battery life - we will see how subsequent charges run
2. GSM - would like it to have World Phone capability. It would be nice for Verizon to have this on premium phones, esp smartphones.
3. Wake up phone from either Power button or trackball.
4. Voice mail indicator like Mail/Messages (maybe I have missed that)
5. Better Folder view in Email (Exchange) to show which folders have unread mail.

In general I like the phone very much. I upgraded from a Moto Q9m, so I am getting used to not having the physical k/b, but all the other features I did not have make up for that.

For those with Exchange Issues, I believe the Exchange profile in Android 2.1 works best with Exchange 2007/2010. On the folder issue, I have about 50+ folders to sort out all my email by customer/vendor/functions by using Exchange Rules. When changing folders in the Mail app, you cannot see which folders have new mail to at least alert you of new mail.

M