Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this was already said, but its seems to me that the HTC Clock/Weather Widget wont use your GPS to find your location for weather, you have to use the Wireless Networks option, and for some, like me it puts you where ever the closest Cell Tower is...

Make sure your GPS location is turned on, and not on 911 only. 911 only is default. Mine works great!

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your GPS location is turned on, and not on 911 only. 911 only is default. Mine works great!

yea, gps works fine, but I think in order for the Weather widget to get your location you have to have the Wireless Networks selected under Location....

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
How the hell do you get the big red LED bar at the top to blink for notifications? Isn't that the point of the LED on the phone?
This hasn't worked since I bought the phone and I have everything checked under the 'Sounds & Display/Notification' settings...
This has been my biggest gripe because I've missed just about every email/missed phone call when I step away for a second. Grrrrrr

Big red LED bar? You mean the earpiece?

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How the hell do you get the big red LED bar at the top to blink for notifications? Isn't that the point of the LED on the phone?
This hasn't worked since I bought the phone and I have everything checked under the 'Sounds & Display/Notification' settings...
This has been my biggest gripe because I've missed just about every email/missed phone call when I step away for a second. Grrrrrr

Maybe I am blind, but what big red led bar are you referring to? I've been playing with my phone all day and I've yet to see a big red led bar. I do however see a big red speaker like grill which i assume is the covering over the earpiece....is this what you think is an led bar?

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
general android gripe, no bt voice dial support.
this has been open since 2008 with no response from developers, wtf?
the incredible is incredible though, cant wait for root.

I haven't been able to figure this one out. I've heard it before, didn't stop me from moving to android, but I don't understand whats broke.

Today I paired the phone with my uconnect system in my car. Its a 2008 dodge so this isn't a "new" system by any means. It paired easier than my storm or curve ever did. I pushed a button, car radio prompted me and I said call work voice mail. It dialed it just fine. Of course I would need to hit some buttons to get into the voice mail, but can't that just be added to the phone with some pauses and such?

Injektilo

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to figure this one out. I've heard it before, didn't stop me from moving to android, but I don't understand whats broke.

Today I paired the phone with my uconnect system in my car. Its a 2008 dodge so this isn't a "new" system by any means. It paired easier than my storm or curve ever did. I pushed a button, car radio prompted me and I said call work voice mail. It dialed it just fine. Of course I would need to hit some buttons to get into the voice mail, but can't that just be added to the phone with some pauses and such?

From what I've read the uconnect system works a bit differently, it's all done in dash and then sends commands to the phone (ie: your not using voice prompts on the phone, your using voice prompts through the car that are being passed to the phone). Count yourself lucky to have one of the only working hands free dialing systems in the world.

I believe currently there is only 1 headset that can do hands free dialing (beyond double tap to dial the last call) and it requires an app to function properly.

Todd M

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Same minor gripes as others coming from BB...

So far, email is better on BB
Notifications (and the customization of them)
Lock screen
BATTERY LIFE

No way shape or form though would I trade this back for my POS 9530...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
P.S. - it's great to see all you guys joining us from Crackberry :D

I noticed your boards are running faster than CB's. Just you wait, though...before long, your infrastructure might buckle under the pressure of so many new droids... lol. (let's hope not!) :D

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Went to my local VZW store yesterday. My NE2 upgrade is only a few days away. They wouldn't bump me up. They said I had to wait.

O man! Did you leave the manager's sister standing at the altar or something?
Kill the guy's dog?

I can't imagine VZW doing that.