Your general thoughts on service at Sprint?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
MAV!! you walking sprint billboard you! I haven't chatted with you in ages! How you been? Also glad to see that Sprint is still working for you. (Sorry about the hijack!)

Howdy.
Hijacking allowed. :)
Sprint is back and better than ever but it is tough to change people's minds on stuff like this.
Oh well. Just gotta keep plugging along.
I am good. Just keeping the status quo.
Hope all is well with you.

Mav. :cool:

Shad C1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I switch from Verizon to Sprint and have been a current sprint customer for about 14-15 months now. And the service is great all over Long Island, New York. I honestly didn't notice a difference. Also I've never had a problem with bill whatever sprint rep quoted me at actually happened. Unlike my nightmare stores at Verizon. I would definitely recommend them ( if your near me )

LG G5, but ouch I'm regretting it

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I pay a bill to Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon every month (for a variety of reasons). I also travel by plane extensively for work and drive a lot for personal vacations. My travel is all over the US.

Declaring a single carrier "the winner" is a marketing or fanboy game only. It isn't real world. Every carrier has great locations and every carrier has bad locations. Sometimes this is tower by tower.

The only thing that matters is how a carrier performs in the specific locations that you care about.

I'd start with Sprint or TMobile based on who looks better on their coverage maps (zoomed in) for your desired locations. Use either carrier's trial program. If it doesn't work try the other and as a last resort, try Verizon or AT&T. Why not at least try the value priced carriers first to see if they fit your needs?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to love Sprint. Even got some family and friends to switch to Sprint. But the past 2 months have just been annoying as hell.
Last month i spent 3 weeks in Spain (i live in TX). I called sprint and even chatted with agents throughout the 2 weeks prior to me leaving, about using my phone overseas, and what i need to do as far as plans or activation etc. 1st agent tells me before i leave call in and change my account to this International service. I call back a few days later to verify info and jot things down. Agent tells me no i don't need to change anything i already have internationally roaming as part of my plan. I told agent EXACTLY where i was going, Barcelona. After a few minutes on hold, agent tells me with my current plan i get unlimited text messages while in Barcelona and 1GB of data if i go over i will be charged $30 for an additional GB.

Ok 2 different stories doesnt sit well with me. So i contact a chat agent. They told me i need to speak to international department. Gives me the number and i call. I tell the agent same thing. Im going to barcelona i need to verify if i need to make any changes. blah blah. after more hold, agent comes back and tells me same as previous, nope my account already has services included. Alrighty. 2 out of 3. The day prior to leaving. (yes im OCD) i am triple checking everything, banks, cards, i call sprint again. I get same answer, services included. ALRIGHT! here i come barcelona.

I arrive there. my phone doesnt work so i sign into a temporary wifi and chat with agent on my phone about getting connected there. They send me an email with the steps. I get connected. text my fam that we made it. send some IG pics, and call my dad with whatsapp.. Few days later i see the red exclamation mark on my acct (usually means unbilled charges). Contact Sprint again. they tell me no worries. just shows up that way and to enjoy my vaca.

:l I was in barcelona during my cycle change. Surprise Surprise.. Who was charged $30 for roaming. And because i was still there for the new cycle i was charged for that cycle as well. I get back to the states. Call sprint nicely and ask WTF is up (lol) had i not spoken to so many agents they probably would've thought i was BSing. They sent me to the "international department" This guy reviewed my account. and tells me, "you do have international roaming on your account BUT its for canada and latin america," then explains that there is a free service for roaming in some european countries, and that other agents must've gotten them mixed up. He "switched me over" and gave me a credit for charges. SO i thought. A few days later i do see one $30 credit but the 2nd credit is missing. I was going to call and get it rectified but i was distracted by the Note 7 (shiny new thing hehe). I call sprint speak to a sales agent that tried to sell me pretty much every thing but air. haha. She explains that i will have to pay taxes on the phone as well as the shipping. i asked if she can waive the shipping. she says no its mandatory overnight shipping charges. Then goes on how phone releases the 19th but phone will be shipped by the 17th to insure delivery on the 19th. (WELLLLL go hit up the Note 7 sprint forum here....)

August 18th no shipping info, i spoke with sprint mutiple times, finally one agent offered a credit for the shipping. Atleast i didn't feel jipped. I stopped worrying about when it would be delivered since in a way i didn't pay for the overnight. Felt a little better until i saw my sprint account balance go from $79 to $534.35. I definitely saw red. Not only did it show that amount but it also shows Auto pay will be deducted on 8/20 right below that. in 2 days time i will be $534 poorer. I call sprint IMMEDIATELY on 8/18 asked for a supervisor and no one else. after 15min i get a "LIKE A SUPERVISOR" person (exact word from agent and the "like supervisor") she apologies blah blah, explains WTH happened, gave me the missing roaming credit (which i see) and "cancels" the autopay. I log in this after noon to pay the original $79 TADA! SURPRISE again autopay is not canceled. i try to cancel and says i cant. i go into a panick because im thinking maybe they sent in the charges early. i call sprint and demand A SUPERVISOR not a LIKE SUPERVISOR. 15min i get a sup. he cancels. its actually canceled. my account no longer shows autopay.

YES VERY LONG just needed to vent. and now i feel a little better, sorta. Note 7 on ups truck for today. STILL considering cancelling sprint. Sprint has pretty much been the only consistent thing in my life since 2006. never had issues like this before. But as a single mom of 2, i have a toddler full time, work and school full time. This is not something i should have to be stressing over. I just want to pick up my phone take pictures and share with family without the worries of hidden charges.

IMHO Sprint services (calls, internet, gps etc) is great. When i worked at The Shack on top of sprint i had verizon. Verizon internet hands down the best but call quality HORRIBLE. constantly dropping calls. and Verizon is slightly pricier. I had tmobile as well as sprint when i worked for tmobile before that and hated it. internet never worked. Honestly i think it depends where you live, i hear in FL tmobile works great. My brother is in seattle and says Sprint service sucks there but ATT works.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Howdy.
Hijacking allowed. :)
Sprint is back and better than ever but it is tough to change people's minds on stuff like this.
Oh well. Just gotta keep plugging along.
I am good. Just keeping the status quo.
Hope all is well with you.

Mav. :cool:

This is very accurate. For the longest time I would never have even considered trying Sprint. I've used all three of the other four carriers with no interest to try Sprint. If it wasn't for RingPlus, which gives me free Sprint service every month, I still wouldn't have tried out their network.

After trying it, though, I realized that they aren't so bad. I'm having a better experience with them than I had with T-Mobile, though I haven't really used T-Mobile in over a year. I have a tablet with the free 200 MB on T-Mobile, but I haven't taken it out of my house once since I got it and it's not really enough to truly test them out.

I still wouldn't pay for Sprint service given there are options to use Verizon's and AT&T's networks around the same price, but I would have no issues exclusively using RingPlus if it wasn't for already having unlimited data on Verizon and AT&T. Sprint really isn't that bad.

joshua hildebrandt1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly Sprint has been great for my wife and I the past month... but we are in Austin Texas so they have a ton of towers We have traveled to 3 neighboring cities like San Antonio ,Houston, Dallas and always have gotten great reception . Back in 2007-2010 I can tell u that Sprint used to have TERRIBLE service in the smaller towns outside Austin like dripping springs and Johnson city but I get awesome signal now in those cities in 2016...
Another thing, I work in a cooler and used to get terrible battery life with my IPhone with T-Mobile because it was always looking for a signal. Now with Sprint In the same location I get Awesome battery life bc my phone is constantly looking for a signal ... building penetration definitely makes a difference in battery life .

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
call, and data service i have no issues with.
customer service on the other hand horrendous. They never understand even the simplest questions. Like just now i was in chat with an agent. my question was: will there be a charge to reactivate my sprint account.
after 20min her answer is "you currently have boost let me give you boost phone number". :l
had to explain that i HAD sprint 3 weeks ago i was told i can reactivate in 45 days . then she gives me a number to call. i call. i straight up tell this agent i want to reactivate my sprint account she asks for the phone number that was associated with that account. i give and she's like well thats a boost number let me transfer for you to boost. holly h***. GRINDING MY TEETH. almost about to say f** it and go to a different company.
i talk very slowly and very clearly. explaining in the simplest way. "i had sprint, i migrated number to boost, i want to go back to sprint" this b** tried to get me to boost again. omg. i asked for a supervisor. 15min on hold she tries to get a call back and says literally "cannot i access your account now". so i offered an account number to see if that will make it easy. she tried to blow me off and say no it wont work. im like the other agent found it. she blew me off again. i told her to try it. o well what do you know she found it. puts me on hold for another 10min and now tells me i will get a call back right away from the correct department. LORD. if other providers had better service here i would jump on them .

wish they would stop out sourcing. i have no issues with other countries but it makes it hard. its like when us spanish folk are talking some think we're angry but in reality we're not. the empathy is not the same.

just venting

never got that call back

Last edited:

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I am extremely happy with my Sprint service so it should last April and could not be happier. Almost as good as Verizon for me and I live in a very small town and travel. Best thing is Verizon roaming which I needed a couple of times when hiking and stuff. Go for it

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Been a sprint customer for 20 years and every year I say I'm going to leave but I just can't bring myself to do it. The service is awful, the customer service is horrible, but the prices are ridiculously cheap. I'm on the framily plan so I pay $25/month for each line. 3GB of data is $35 and unlimited is $45. Crazy cheap! Just wish they would improve the service!

rhleek

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Been with Sprint 15 years, service and signal mostly above average. Reason I'm looking at leaving is simply phone selection. They are heavy on iPhone and Samsung with little else to choose from. Even the latest Huawei Mate 9 and HTC U Ultra are only being offered to NON CDMA carriers. Going to visit T-mobile and see what their offerings are.....

afazel

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Works well all over the DFW area, as far west as Azle and as far east as Garland. As far north as McKinney and as far south as Houston and in Austin (I know, not DFW).

So I would say go for it in you live in DFW. I hear Austin is actually pretty bad in some places. I was only there for a couple of days, but it worked for me 3 years ago when I was there.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Been a sprint customer for 20 years and every year I say I'm going to leave but I just can't bring myself to do it. The service is awful, the customer service is horrible, but the prices are ridiculously cheap. I'm on the framily plan so I pay $25/month for each line. 3GB of data is $35 and unlimited is $45. Crazy cheap! Just wish they would improve the service!
Thanks for the post. Funny because I can relate. I was with them for 13 years and I said " enough is enough" .

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
2465885c879c3564985565e43ffbb943.jpg

It is all going to depend on your location more than anything else. I have no problems with them at home or work, but do have a poor connection when I travel some places, but for the most part they work great for me.

Nicholas Boyd

Banned
Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Service as far as reception is fine for me in Chicago or anywhere around as well. The customer service is where they are lacking.

I used to have sprint ages ago but had to switch after i moved and had no signal in my new house. I recently went back to them and they are great. So long as you don't need any help from them. If you run into any bumps with your phone or service then God help you.... because sprint certainly won't. I just went into a store today. There was 1 single employee there. She looked life she couldn't be a day over 18. This first thing she says to me is "sorry our servers are down". I said that's okay i just need to talk to you about my service and upgrading options. I started rambling off promotions that i saw online and she had no clue what i was talking about.

I just said so i guess i know more about your job than you do and walked out. Completely worthless!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin