Your international. Gs3 may be detective

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to a dark room, open the notification bar and see if there are pitch black areas on the screen. I have some dark dots. They are not even dead pixels because the colors appear as normal on those areas. I also saw them on 3 of my family members' galaxy s 3s. That is why I am asking you to check your S3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's a normal OLED feature. You can thank Samsung for using a stupid OLED (enjoy burn in too) screen and not a sweet SLCD2.

Google some pics but it's normal assuming you're talig about what I think you are. (dark room with black screen you can see what appear to be dead/stained spots).

gamercholo

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
My PsVita has the same issue, don't really bother me. It only shows when you in a dark room and the screen is all black, but when I'm playing games can't even notice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well then, **** you samsung. I am not putting a capital s on the company name anymore.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Loooool, I just recognized the mispelling on the topic sentence.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My PsVita has the same issue, don't really bother me. It only shows when you in a dark room and the screen is all black, but when I'm playing games can't even notice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Seems like the same issue.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting more and more anxious about my S3 purchase. Samsung screens are starting to look seriously like scrappy garbage with a million different problems.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem in a dark room, except mine is a black streaky zigzag in the middle of the screen. doesn't bother me much, but was initially surprised.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This issue was always pretty bad on the Razr, when the screen is supposed to be black, its not actually turned off, its really dark grey like an LCD would be. And its covered in splotches. I thought Samsung just gave Moto second-rate screens or something, because my Droid Charge screen was beautiful. Blacks were perfect, that part of the screen was completely off, and I never saw a splotch. I certainly hope this doesn't apply to all SGS3's, would seem a real step backward...

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems simple, don't look at the screen under those conditions if it bugs you. My screen works perfectly and looks good so I won't be bothering to get all anal about what a blank screen in a dark room looks like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe how anal some people can get, I bet if I climb into an oven thats set to 450 degrees I will see yellow spots on the S3 screen. Boohoo!

Sent from my ADR6300

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjd19891