REVIEW - Trident Electra - Extended Battery case

Soul TKR

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright here's the review I promised... :)

First off let me just say that so far I REALLY REALLY like this setup. I've been waiting since April (since I got my Tbolt) to find a case that would fit my everyday needs, and just when every manufacturer would release something I had my eye on, it would fall short in one area or another. My preferences when looking for a case was protection but not incredibly bulky, hard outer shell so that it may slide in your pocket easier, and a built in extended battery because we all know the battery on this phone is ridiculous. This case pretty much covered all my needs.

I'll just go ahead and start off with the pics and comments...

Sorry, it's been a pretty long while since I've touched my SLR and Editing software LOL... made me realize I need to re-teach myself all over again. Plus I was in a hurry as I had to leave town right after I shot these. Ignore all the dust particles... It's funny how that camera (16 Mega Pixels) picks up everything LOL!! I couldn't even see half this stuff with the naked eye till I opened up the pictures...

Trident box net to Tbolt
TridentElectra01.jpg

Holster, Electra Case, and Tbolt. Unsure why the "Kraken II" instructions were in there. My guess is the case is so new that they haven't made any instructions for the Electra yet and used this as a temporary measure. No big deal, to be honest I didn't even open it LOL.
TridentElectra02.jpg

Picture of the screen protector which is also protected by a plastic film that you peel off... that's the texture you see. Once you peel this off, it's as smooth as the glass on the phone which was another BIG advantage I liked. I really started to get tired of my ZAGG and the fingerprints. Not to mention it had a sort of "friction" when sliding my finger across when it should "glide" like a naked Tbolt!
TridentElectra03.jpg

Holster, Outer Hard Shell, Inner Silicon Shell, Tbolt, Front Face Hard Shell, and Extended Battery.
TridentElectra04.jpg

The rear outer hard shell. You can see the prongs/contacts made for the antenna. Nothing was looked over! :)
TridentElectra05.jpg

New Extended Battery (2600 mAh) vs. Original Battery (1400 mAh)
TridentElectra06.jpg

TridentElectra07.jpg

TridentElectra08.jpg

Extended Battery placed in Tbolt.
TridentElectra09.jpg

My poor kickstand has seen better days. The darn clear coat started peeling off one day so I've been slowly scratching it off with my fingernails. I should probably just pull out the old sand paper and be done with it lol...
TridentElectra10.jpg

Case Installed... literally about 20 seconds to do this. Just place your new battery in your phone, place the silicon skin in the rear hard polycarbonate, then place your Tbolt inside there. It literally falls into place. Take the front polycarbonate face and snap it in place and Vwaaalaaaa! All done! :)
TridentElectra11.jpg

No those aren't scratches on the screen protector, just some finger smudges my camera picked up (the flash did it). Again couldn't see these with the naked eye...
TridentElectra12.jpg

TridentElectra13.jpg

TridentElectra14.jpg

Kickstand works just fine...
TridentElectra15.jpg

The following are just various viewing angles with the screen on/off. Tried to get pictures of every side of the case so you could see all the jacks/ports and stuff...
TridentElectra16.jpg

TridentElectra17.jpg

TridentElectra18.jpg

TridentElectra19.jpg

TridentElectra20.jpg

Soul TKR

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
TridentElectra21.jpg

TridentElectra22.jpg

TridentElectra23.jpg

TridentElectra24.jpg

Pictures with the Holster on the phone. Seems like a pretty nice Holster. Although I know ETX Droid had a few problems with his Kraken II version breaking a couple times. Not sure if they are any different or not. The case EASILY snaps into place, and seems to be locked in pretty good. The case rotates/ratchets as well so that's nice. The Holster itself is a bit hard to get off your belt though lol.
TridentElectra25.jpg

TridentElectra26.jpg

TridentElectra27.jpg

TridentElectra28.jpg

Just a close up of the dust cover over the speaker and the openings in the design for the display sensor and front camera.
TridentElectra29.jpg

Comparison shots of this case next to my wifes Aegis case... It's only slightly larger.
TridentElectra30.jpg

TridentElectra31.jpg

If you like this case here is additional info about it and can be purchased directly from Trident.... http://www.tridenteer.com/products/...t-Extended%2dlife-battery-Bundle-(Black).html

Also I found a 20% off code (for the month of September ONLY) including FREE Shipping! :D

Code: back2school20

My order came out to $55.99 Shipped...

Mine arrived the day after I ordered it, but I only live an hour away so...

cclifft

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this. I have been looking for a case for my TB for the extended battery. After I installed the GB OTA last week, I ordered a stock oem battery from amazon for $9 so I could use my incipio case that I got when I got my TB. I wanted to try out a standard battery with the GB OTA and see if the battery management improved any, and since Verizon took my stock battery when they replaced it with the extended battery a while ago.

Anyway, thanks for the review. I like the looks of this case. Does it seem to feel and function good as far as access to the buttons and being able to fit in your pockets, etc. I am not a holster fan at all, so my phone is either in my pocket or on my desk. Just curious how much more if any bulk it adds to the over all feel with the extended battery.

Soul TKR

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this. I have been looking for a case for my TB for the extended battery. After I installed the GB OTA last week, I ordered a stock oem battery from amazon for $9 so I could use my incipio case that I got when I got my TB. I wanted to try out a standard battery with the GB OTA and see if the battery management improved any, and since Verizon took my stock battery when they replaced it with the extended battery a while ago.

Anyway, thanks for the review. I like the looks of this case. Does it seem to feel and function good as far as access to the buttons and being able to fit in your pockets, etc. I am not a holster fan at all, so my phone is either in my pocket or on my desk. Just curious how much more if any bulk it adds to the over all feel with the extended battery.

Well the phone of course is a bit heavier, but that's to be expected. The edges of the screen are sometimes a pain to access because of the case but really not too bad. Not a deal breaker by any means. It fits in my pocket just fine. But I often wear baggy blue jeans so keep that in mind...

Lets just say, I've had it for close to a week and still VERY happy with it. Hope that helps :)

t_reax

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add if it already hasn't been mentioned, in addition to the 2600maH battery that comes with this case/holster my 2750maH HTC battery that I ordered from Verizon works well with the case. Nice to always have a fully charged X battery on hand. Thanks Trident for making a superior product for the TBolt...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I recieved mine in the mail yesterday and it is just to bulky for me i will be returning mine

sent from my BAMFD BOLT using tapatalk

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Kraken II for T-bolt regular battery, love it..but this case makes me nervous about the amount of dust that might get into the interior of the phone through the camera and kickstand area, since there is no hard back directly over the battery, I don't think the seal will be good enough..dust does get in to some degree, I know it is minimal but looks like I can see the interior of the phone on the one close up of the kickstand here...

Also, have you noticed any problem with the clips on the hard case (where the two outer shell pieces are held together...I have had the back of mine (which covers the clips attached to the front piece, break off...first time it happened Trident replaced it no problems...bout to ask again as it happened fairly quickly for me both times...If you never take the case off you are good, but the first time you take it off it seems to break shortly there after...until enough of them are busted and the case won't stay together...

I do like my Kraken better than any other case out there, I like the hard shell outside the rubber one...hopefully they can make the clip areas more durable...still might have to get this electra if I go with an extended batter now that I just got LTE here...

Soul TKR

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't had any issues with the clips. However, I am noticing it getting easier to pull apart each time I do it lol.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just read a review from someone that has both that said the electras clasps were stronger.... trident also told me today that they would replace my Kraken for the second time no problem. Great customer service! they are standing behind their product and I will stay with their cases as they do rock!

Last edited:

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just read a review from someone that has both that said the electras clasps were stronger.... trident also told me today that they would replace my Kraken for the second time no problem. Great customer service! they are standing behind their product and I will stay with their cases as they do rock!

I have to agree as well that they have quality customer service. I ordered two electra cases and the belt clips broke on both. I emailed them about the problem and they sent me out two replacement belt clips that are redesigned with springs.

Edward_g

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this case for awhile but stopped using it. For some reason I
only get 1x data when I'm using it now. I can get 3g and 4g with no problem when I switch to the original battery.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If I could find this for around $30 I would spring for it but now days, $60 is just too much.

Keep in mind it comes with an extended battery.

I got mine off Amazon for about $50. I've seen them on there for as low as $46 from various vendors.

I just got my Electra case recently. Already had to go to Trident for a replacement holster (their Customer Service e-mail was great) with a better clip. I also have a Zagg screen protector, that I've had since the first couple of weeks I owned the TBolt, so I took out the Trident protector (it easily peeled out, and left no sticky residue).

So far, I like the Electra. It adds weight and bulk, but I am O.K. with that, I like phones with a little heft to them. And given that I am likely to have to keep my TBolt past my "upgrade" date, the protection is worth it. I would like to see them offer the flexible part in colors other than black, like they do for their other cases.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind it comes with an extended battery.

I got mine off Amazon for about $50. I've seen them on there for as low as $46 from various vendors.

I just got my Electra case recently. Already had to go to Trident for a replacement holster (their Customer Service e-mail was great) with a better clip. I also have a Zagg screen protector, that I've had since the first couple of weeks I owned the TBolt, so I took out the Trident protector (it easily peeled out, and left no sticky residue).

So far, I like the Electra. It adds weight and bulk, but I am O.K. with that, I like phones with a little heft to them. And given that I am likely to have to keep my TBolt past my "upgrade" date, the protection is worth it. I would like to see them offer the flexible part in colors other than black, like they do for their other cases.

Ya, I see what you mean but I just can't bring myself to spend that on a case. Not yet at least. I already bought the shell holster, body glove, and otterbox lol.

I had the cyclops case for my fascinate. I was actually impressed with the trident screen protector they had.

Edward_g

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this case for awhile but stopped using it. For some reason I
only get 1x data when I'm using it now. I can get 3g and 4g with no problem when I switch to the original battery.
FTI :
I found that the signal connection in the back of the hard case has broken. The one near the camera lens.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa