Bigger SD Card

troo53

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I have filled my 32GB SD Card and need more space for my backups and Roms.

Do they even make a micro sd above 32GB?

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter if they make them larger then 32gb or not, the phone only supports up to a 32gb card. So you're going to have to start deleting stuff i'm afraid.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
They do have bigger cards, but I'm not sure the Thunderbolt supports them. So you're gonna have to either delete some stuff, or buy another microSD card and switch back and forth.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got like 28 gigs of music haha.

I have a similar amount of music, but I don't store it all on my phone. I tend to keep it at 5GB or less and the rest will be going onto Amazon's or Google's cloud music service.

That's a good way to keep the stuff you're listening to most on hand and the rest of it is available via data connection.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
did you know that if you take the average 128 bit cd quality song and compress it down to 64kb via itunes or another program you can squeeze on double the amount of songs you have on the card currently? Also, by doing this you are NOT, losing any quality in the playback of the song or sound. I use AIMP Converter and Recorder.. it's free.. http://www.aimp2.us/files/aimp_tools_2.61.583.zip

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Encoding music is a nasty business and words are sure to be thrown if it's gotten into. I personally have no complaints with AAC 256 or mp3 v0 but re-encoding can have noticeable loss in quality and what's more people tend to shy away from the term "lossy compression" even though they don't appreciate the word "transparency".

I digress. I'm planning on making a linux box this summer with a terabyte driver and set up VPN so I can read and write to it from anywhere. Essentially a back up and media server that I can access from anywhere. For the time being I slapped 13 gigs of my favorite music on there. Arranging that amount of media with a basic c/p methodology in windows explorer is truly a time consuming and taxing task. I'd really like to not repeat it.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
well if you have 28gb of music, that won't be an issue anymore. Here's what you can do:

Use Dropbox for your files such as roms
Use Audiogalaxy to stream your music from your computer (awesome app)
Alternatively use Amazon Cloud for 5gigs of ur music

And I personally have 13000+ songs, and I honestly listen to 100 on repeat and listen to another 2000 from time to time.... So maybe you should choose your songs wisely.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
28 gigs, my music is 889mb that's 174 songs. Rock on my friend. \m/
Then again I think the most songs i'll have is 500.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38