Seidio Active Extended Case: Overview and Pictures

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my case today. Fits nice, stops the battery door creek, I like it so far. The kickstand is definitely really cheap/flimsy but it works. Overall, well worth the money!

frankg

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had this case for a few days now. I really like it. Here's the thing: your phone is going to look huge, but not necessary to you, but maybe other people. My wife, after seeing my phone in this case, said it looks like the Zack Morris phone from Saved By The Bell....lol....but honestly she also said my phone looked huge with just the extended battery on. If you already accepted the fact that your phone is not super sexy thin with the extended battery, then this case will not bother you. The great thing about it is that although it adds a little bit of thickness, it doesn't add much weight, which is very important, because it won't feel heavier in your pocket. It's easy to slide it into and out of your pocket also. The material has a very great feel to it. The inner layer is super "velvety" like, and the outer layer, while hard plastic, is also pliable and has the same texture as the inner layer. It feels comfortable holding it. Now, if you have small hands or short fingers, this case will make 1 handed operation more difficult, but I don't have that problem, I have long fingers. The kickstand, while it looks and feels like a cheap popsicle stick, is very effective at doing it's job. I think in the vertical position it is just as stable, if not more, as the real kickstand, and that is the orientation I've been primarily using. It works great. It locks into place so it won't accidentally close like the real one is more prone to.
I was debating between this case and the phantom skins chromatic skin. Ultimately, I decided that if I was going to add any protective layer over my phone it might as well protect it if I accidentally drop it, and I feel this case will do that. The styling is also, in my opinion, very cool. Online pics don't do it justice. I really looks like this is the case Batman would use for his phone...lol. I highly recommend it.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I can tear out the Seidio kickstand and cut out a hole for the Thunderbolt one.

You could but i'm sure you'd make the case not work as well. You'd have to cut a fairly sizable hole in the hard and soft parts of the case. Not sure if that would make the hard part not fit or stay on as nicely.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
will the Seidio Innocell 3200mAh Extended-Life Battery be compatible with this case?

Yes, the Seidio Innocell 3200 mAh Extended Life Battery is compatible with the ACTIVE Extended case. The ACTIVE Extended is compatible with both the OEM 2750 mAh & the Seidio 3200 mAh.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Is the power button hard to press and does the case cover it with rubber? I have heard on XDA this is a solid case but that is the main flaw being the Thunderbolt has few different positions in power buttons. Mine is very close to flush and needs to be pushed from pretty much perfect angle, compared to some that stick out a bit further and push very easily.

My concern is with it being covered might be even harder to press which is obviously a deal breaker for nearly anyone being you need to turn your screen on easily :p

For anyone who has this for a good period of time how is this on collecting dirt, dust, lint?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the power button hard to press and does the case cover it with rubber? I have heard on XDA this is a solid case but that is the main flaw being the Thunderbolt has few different positions in power buttons. Mine is very close to flush and needs to be pushed from pretty much perfect angle, compared to some that stick out a bit further and push very easily.

My concern is with it being covered might be even harder to press which is obviously a deal breaker for nearly anyone being you need to turn your screen on easily :p

For anyone who has this for a good period of time how is this on collecting dirt, dust, lint?

I have no problems with my power button. Been using the case for well over a month now and have had no problem finding or pressing any of the buttons. This is a 2 part case, it has a silicone layer and then a hard shell that snaps on top of it. The hard shell is only on the sides and corners so its just silicone where the buttons are.

When I put the phone in my pocket it usually comes out with quite a bit of lint on it but its not very hard to just blow or wipe off so overall I'd say the lint problem isn't too bad.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Active X case, and after a day or two, on one side of the rubber the finish has been consistently rubbing off to where it is shiny and not dull like the rest of it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm ready to package it up with the dock and send them both back.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my Active Extended case for my phone today in combo and picked up Active Burgandy for the girls phone. No idea why Amazon is 30% cheaper and is sold directly by Seidio but not complaining. Got both cases and HTC rapid dual charger for 60ish bucks! Great prices and always love Seidio build quality.

So if you are on fence cause of the price check out prices at Amazon they were like 20$ for just the case today.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep it was roughly $20.53 for the case, to be exact but again that case was just the normal active with burgandy color. I accidently added wrong extended one for myself which was only the case. Thought I had a great deal until I realized it had no holster included...then I went back and thought found another great deal but it was not the extended version. Long day need sleep ugh lol.

Last edited:

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
My Active extended arrived today. I also have the standard Active, so I knew I would love the case. It really boosts my confidence in the phone's ability to just bounce if it is dropped...lol! It does make the already large TB with extended battery, well, quite huge, but I don't mind.

However, I have one complaint, and it's been said before. The kickstand is really, really bad! I almost broke my thumb nail trying to open it and then when it's open it feels/sounds like it's going to break when I close it. I hardly ever use the KS anyway, but I wanted to test it and I am not impressed.

My only other complaint is that it doesn't come in different colors. My other Active is the dark blue and I would have loved to have been able to get the extended in the same color.

I also got the holster, which should keep the TB more safe than in my pocket. I haven't actually used it yet, so I can't comment on what it feels like to have a brick hanging from my belt! :eek:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So the combo could potentially be had for $50 if this is legit...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...oem-extended-battery-cover-free-shipping.html

It is not legit. The battery door they send you is crap. It is some aftermarket piece that gives crap reception. Biggest thing was I ordered the active case too, and the door they sent me didn't fit the case.

Regardless I bought the real HTC battery from verizon. I love this case, it has a great feel to it and it adds little bulk. Also I love that you can charge it and use the kickstand!

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received this case today. Now i currently own 5 cases (1CaseMate, 2 Epik, 1 RedLabel and 1 VZW case) for the ThunderBolt just not any for the extended battery which i just got about a week ago.

Right of the box i could tell the quality of the case was going to be a pleasure to hold. The contrast of rubber and plastic is always welcomed. I DO NOT like full silicon skins way to much. The 2 parts fit together perfectly and contrary to another Active case post on here. Is that the added bulk is not noticeable. Sure there is added bulk of course you have an extended battery, but with the case it makes it feel not so odd to hold. Have you held a TB with extended battery and no case. It just feels and looks silly.

I like the size, look and feel of it. The kick stand was one thing i was on the fence about how it would be until i got it. Once i used a few times to try it out since i really don't use the regular one any ways. I noticed why they designed it this way. Since its and extended case if the actual TB's kick stand was used it would be leaning way too far back. This just means that if you want to keep your TB's kick stand from peeling buy this case and it will absolutely keep it it untouched.

I also attached some images of the case and kick stand in use. I like this case a lot. I may not need to go back to my regular battery.

One more thing is I am using an OEM 2750mAh battery and cover from VZW. I don't know but i heard not to use the seidio battery, but i got mine half off from VZW so i didn't need to buy theirs. The kick stand also works great in portrait,

If you have questions or concerns let me know ill try and answer them.

1. Thanks for posting review w/ pictures - GOOD JOB!

2. WHY didn't Seido hinge the kickstand on the OTHER side?! They could have FIXED the problem HTC caused with not being able to plug in the phone while watching a movie!!!!!!!!!

3. The size and popularity of these cases PROVES that people would be OK with a thicker phone - SO WHY DOESN'T HTC DESIGN A SLIGHTLY THICKER PHONE THAT CAN HOLD AN ALL-DAY BATTERY WITHOUT A HUMP?!!!

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
will the Seidio Innocell 3200mAh Extended-Life Battery be compatible with this case?

I think the 3200mAh battery is just two 1600mAh batteries wired together. And we all know the 1600 battery is really only 1305mAh.....so that makes the 3200 battery 2610mAh, still better than the 1400 OM but also still false advertizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa