Should i unroot my phone?

Zandokan

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to take my phone to verizon because they have to change my SIM card for a new one since im porting a phone. So should i unroot my phone so they dont see that i rooted it, or it doesnt matter?

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The normal part of me says it won't matter, but the skeptical part of me says it does. Why would they have control of the phone? Can't they just give you the SIM Card? There's no manual programming that needs to be completed.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Only if you are really, really worried you would have to get a replacement. I'd have them hand you the SIM card and let you put it in... boot it up and make sure it's working before you leave.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, they shouldn't have to touch your phone.. tell them you want to do it yourself ;) they may look at you funny but its your phone not theirs

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah is a bussiness account thats why i was thinking they might have to do something with the phone.

If it's a dude who likes Android, chances are he's probably gone down the rooting path at some point with his phone. It's highly unlikely they'll ever notate an account or find a reason to gripe about it. Those guys aren't likely to really care about screwing your service a year down the line when a possible warranty issue comes up.

Just use body language and posture, and if you're really uncomfortable, tell him directly that you would prefer to be the one inserting the SIM card.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I know a few of the employee's at my local store since I'm in there very often and have even showed them some of the cool stuff I have done to my phone without ever worrying about anything. If you had to take the phone back for a replacement or had software issues I would recommend unrooting the phone but you should be fine just getting a sim card.

Zandokan

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
BTW i went there yesterday and the girl was like awesome ive never seen one like this and she played with it for a bit but yeah nothing happened :).

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
BTW i went there yesterday and the girl was like awesome ive never seen one like this and she played with it for a bit but yeah nothing happened :).

Great to hear... there are a few of them working in their stores. It's always good to find one that knows Android devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress