Cyanogen troubles on initial reboot?

dsfarag

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just did the initial reboot after installing part 1, MR@2, Cyanogen CM 7 1.4, My screen has been on the same boot up element forever. Android skates in and an arrow goes in circles around the android. Help anyone?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Pull the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in and see what happens... you might have to press and hold the power button for a couple seconds for it to start up again.

dsfarag

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the boot menu attempting to navigate my way around the clockworld menu.I did not check backup initially before I did the first reboot. I am backing up now via boot menu (cyanogen).

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
GAPPS... it short for Google APPS. It's part 2 of the load for CM7... otherwise you will not get any Google Apps, or the Market on your device.

Making a backup after you have attempted to load a ROM is TOO late.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Another update, still having same issue.

Power it off... pull the battery for a few seconds... then put it back in. It should not power up.

Hold down the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button... hold both these down for about 5-10 seconds, or until it boots up into hBoot (White Screen)... select Recovery, wipe Date, wipe cache, and in advanced wipe Dalvik cache... then reload your ROM again.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it could possibly be a bad download. Try downloading again, wipe everything (I usually wipe multiple time) then reflash. Gapps are the Google apps, you'll need to flash these with CM7 in order to sign in to your Google account, use the market etc..

Edit: apparently I type slow :D

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you came from the Stock Froyo ROM to CM7 you need to update the Radio to a Gingerbread radio... did you do that???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa