problem with liquid ICS

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
With these ICS ROMs, the mobile data needs to be turned on manually. Go into settings and turn it on. If this doesn't fix it, reboot the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, or you've already done all of this, let me know.

Reactions: viper31573

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
With these ICS ROMs, the mobile data needs to be turned on manually. Go into settings and turn it on. If this doesn't fix it, reboot the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, or you've already done all of this, let me know.

thanks. seems to be running great! wow this rom is fast

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the liquid ICS ROM by Jester, it only has 3G working right now, so those speeds are about right. I've heard rumors of them dropping an update soon that restores 4G. When that happens, I think it will become THE ROM for the Bolt.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Blue SHOULD mean that it's connected, and grey unconnected, but I've found that that isn't always the case.

Speed test is usually pretty accurate. That's what I use. Thanks.

Reactions: viper31573

smmytmc

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I love this rom but how do I get my contacts back without verizon backup assistant app? Is there a way to download this application? The contacts on this rom only list my facebook contacts but not the ones saved through my backup asistant before I installed this.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I love this rom but how do I get my contacts back without verizon backup assistant app? Is there a way to download this application? The contacts on this rom only list my facebook contacts but not the ones saved through my backup asistant before I installed this.

You could back up your rom as it is now then flash back to what you had and either writevyhem all down or export them to your sim or SD card then flash back to ics and you will either have to enter them all again or import them from where ever you exported them to buy you may end up with a whole lot of e mail contacts. I'd also like to know if there is an easier way

Sent from my ADR6400 using Android Central Forums

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Also is there a way to collapse keypad so you can see what you are typing? Not so much a problem here but another forum I visit is very hard to post on since I can't collapse keypad

Sent from my ADR6400 using Android Central Forums

iuchilton

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with email notifications showing up in the status bar? I see them come in, but then disappear and i have to drag down the status bar to see them. I have them checked to show in the email settings. The same is happening with the alarm clock icon, app updates, FB notifications, etc.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I haven't had these issues. If it's an annoyance you don't want to deal with anymore, I'd probably flash superwipe, format everything except sd, and then re-flash the ROM. It's a bit of work but I think it would take care of the problem, unless you already did that before flashing it the first time. In that case, I might just re-flash the ROM and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a couple of slightly annoying random issues as well; both the Gmail app and the stock email app (which I use for my school email) seem to stop showing me the content of messages after awhile. I can see it as a preview, but when I open the message itself, it's blank. Sometimes audio notifications seem to mute themselves as well. They play in the app's settings, but not when I get a message. Both issues are temporarily resolved by rebooting, but it's rather annoying. The sound thing may be my phone, though, it was starting to do the same thing off and on in CM7.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a couple of slightly annoying random issues as well; both the Gmail app and the stock email app (which I use for my school email) seem to stop showing me the content of messages after awhile. I can see it as a preview, but when I open the message itself, it's blank.

I noticed this as well, but if I backed out of the mail app and then went back in it would show up for me. Not sure if you tried this already, but if works for you, it sure beats rebooting.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums