Clockwork Recovery failed

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i tried restoring a previously backed up ROM via clockwork mod, and my HTC Thunderbolt now does not load, it stays stuck on the splash screen.

powering the device on with the volume down button held boots me into the HTC recovery, but it directly tries to update my phone with the ZIP file i used to root it (PG0510000.zip):-\

is there a way for me to boot into Clockwork Mod's recovery so i can restore a ROM? if not, can I reapply this update to hope it works properly?

root is still active, S-OFF is showing in the recovery.

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
BTW, here's how i fixed this problem.

I was using Virus ROM, and it was still stored on my SD card. removed my battery to power off (stuck in boot loop) and reinserted it. ran a USB cable from my laptop to my phone, the clockwork mod booted up without me turning it on.

from there i reinstalled the Virus ROM from it's ZIP file. reboot and breath a sigh of relief.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
For future reference - you do not have to (and should not) rename a ROM to PG05IMG.zip and place it in the root of your sdcard. You only had to do this for the root procedure because the stock bootloader (and SPRecovery) only looks for that file and checks if it is signed when doing an update.

Clockwork Recovery allows you to flash ROMs regardless of their name or location.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
i tried restoring a previously backed up ROM via clockwork mod, and my HTC Thunderbolt now does not load, it stays stuck on the splash screen.

powering the device on with the volume down button held boots me into the HTC recovery, but it directly tries to update my phone with the ZIP file i used to root it (PG0510000.zip):-\

is there a way for me to boot into Clockwork Mod's recovery so i can restore a ROM? if not, can I reapply this update to hope it works properly?

root is still active, S-OFF is showing in the recovery.

You need to delete this file off your SD card, champ. Otherwise it will do this every time you boot into bootloader ;)

So is koush or someone from xda working on a compatible clockwork recovery for the thunderbolt?

There already is a compatible CWM for the bolt. Many peeps have been running custom ROMs since the day root was released - all installed via CWM.

Just FYI: Version 3.0.2.2 of CWM works better than 3.0.2.4 at the current moment

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
ugh, i cannot get out of the bootloader. this is frustrating...it keeps going back to the white screen with the android skaterboarder guys

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
take the sdcard out of the phone, get the memory card adapter and plug into the computer, delete the zip file from sdcard, put card back in phone, shouldn't have a problem now.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
wow, finally after like 100 times trying to reboot. she finally came back up. i removed the sd card completely and that seemed to do the trick. thanks!