Titanium Backup after adb rooting

irie27

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone using the adb method. I installed Superuser, ROM Manager and Titanium Backup. When I started Titanium Backup I get an error saying that it could not acquire root privileges, even-though Superuser says it does.
This is my first Android and I'm stumped.

I installed Root Checker which says I'm not rooted. I also tried to install Busybox from the Market and no luck. Since I followed the directions on how to root I figured I was.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone using the adb method. I installed Superuser, ROM Manager and Titanium Backup. When I started Titanium Backup I get an error saying that it could not acquire root privileges, even-though Superuser says it does.
This is my first Android and I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help!

Hit the Problems button within Titanium... It will download busybox...Restart and it should work just fine :) as long as you have root.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hit the Problems button within Titanium... It will download busybox...Restart and it should work just fine :) as long as you have root.

Try this, and you MAY have to reboot your whole phone as well. If you followed Cory's guide correctly, you're rooted lol

Also, if you saw the prompt appear to grant Titanium Backup su permissions, you just need to do a busybox DL and you should be set, like the above poster said.

irie27

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Strangest thing happened, as I was heading upstairs, I ran Titanium Backup again and it worked. I ran Root Checker just to verify and everything came up OK. What happened? I have no idea, but Thank You for the help.

3coup3

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This error happened to me yesterday. You definitely need BusyBox. What next? I'm not quite sure. Still getting the hang of how, exactly to backup and use the recovery files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress