Ice Cream Sandwich for Thrive?

Shinigasumi

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I definately tried K. What I get for not paying too much attention. BUT, I disabled it. So hopefully it won't cause issues; if it does - factory resets sound fun, don't they?

And I hope the 10.1 Thrive gets an ICS update - and considering the 7in one will, which is essentially a baby sister of the 10.1, I don't see why the 10.1 won't get it. Same resolutions, same hardware. Essentially the same device, just...3in smaller. :D

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

JW14211

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Toshiba is only baiting people into buying their old Thrive, they have no intention on providing an ICS updat for the tablet.
They need to be sued for lying and deceiving costomers.
They have lied three times,, first about getting in Feb.,, then by the end of Spring, it's NOW SUMMER,, WHERE'S THE ICS UPDAT?,,, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOSHIBA PRODUCT AGAIN,, NOTHING FROM THEM, THEIR A DISHONEST COMPANY.:mad:

Ahhhhh, the quality of my Thrive hugely supercedes the quality I've seen on any other tab. I am so thankful for my Tosh Thrive! :) :) :) I pre-ordered it last June, received it in July; it, so far, has never messed up or failed me in any manner.

JW14211

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Thrive since Febuary, and I've had to reset if 6 times so far.
Toshiba has pushed the ICS update back to early fall, which might mean in the winter.
Now Jelly Bean is out, and will be old by the time we Thrive owners get ICS, if ever, and now I'm thinking never.

IT WOULD BE VERY NICE IF GOOGLE,, could have an ICS or JB update, that is downloadable, and would wipe out blokeware from tablet owners.
Like WIndows, that can be downloaded.

The Thrive is my first tablet ever, but I'm going to wait on a Google tablet, buy it, and give theThrive to one of my daughters,, maybe the five year old.

I wish we could sue Toshiba for lying.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I have had my Thrive since Febuary, and I've had to reset if 6 times so far.
Toshiba has pushed the ICS update back to early fall, which might mean in the winter.
Now Jelly Bean is out, and will be old by the time we Thrive owners get ICS, if ever, and now I'm thinking never.

IT WOULD BE VERY NICE IF GOOGLE,, could have an ICS or JB update, that is downloadable, and would wipe out blokeware from tablet owners.
Like WIndows, that can be downloaded.

The Thrive is my first tablet ever, but I'm going to wait on a Google tablet, buy it, and give theThrive to one of my daughters,, maybe the five year old.

I wish we could sue Toshiba for lying.

You've only had to reset it 6 times since February and that's upsetting you? really? That's like once a month! I've never had ANY computer type device that didn't need to be reset at least that often...Apple, BlackBerry, HTC, Samsung, Toshiba,..........

Will you even be able to tell the difference between Honeycomb and ICS? I doubt 90% of users would.

I don't think Toshiba ever promised that the Thrive would even get ICS, at least not when it was announced and sold. Really they are not obligated to update it at all. If you didn't like it when you bought it with Honeycomb, you probably should have returned it.

Like most people, I suspect you just want ICS because, well, you don't really know why. Maybe just because you think it is going to be some miracle OS? Or because someone else got it?

Sure, I would like to see some improvements to the OS, but honestly, none of the things I want will be in ICS or JB anyway, so I'll be waiting a long, long time. The only solution to my problems will be the Microsoft Surface. And it will probably bring in new problems...

xxDeklinxx

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Given the problems I had with my evil 3 d and ICS , I'm fine with the honeycomb on my thrive. It's been fairly solid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress