We've got a Mesmerize, throw questions at us!

KAR#AC

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Mesmerize - Notifications

Just got the Mesmerize yesterday and I have to say it took a little getting use to since I switch from Blackberry. I have certain notifications set so that the led flash is suppose to "flash" when I receive a message, but it doesn't seem to be working. Am i missing something?

Thank you!

i4get75

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
XDA put out an app called NoLED that does great for that. It lights up a icon on the screen when you get emails or sms/mms. It works great and doesn't really effect your battery at all. The rest of the screen stays as dark as it does when it's off.

Lunchbox37#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
How is the picture quality for the camera? I take an unusually high number of photos with my phones and do not want one that cannot take good to great photos in most lighting.

Thank you in advance.

KAR#AC

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Takes great pictures actually. I use it quite a bit. The vignette setting is pretty nice. I also downloaded the Vignette Camera. The demo version doesn't allow to use the 5mp, so for as little as $3.99, you can have the full version. Lots of creative freedom with that app.

Viperlocc

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, was wondering if there is a way to take the shortcut button for airplane mode out of the notification area? I have a problem for some reason when I am talking to someone on the phone it will turn the screen back on from moving around and for some reason my ear will open notification and push airplane mode and well it hangs up on people.

Also was wondering if anyone had a problem with the phone dropping calls even out in the open when you have a good signal?

Chubby Bruiser

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I am new to Android, I have the Mesmerize and have several questions.

How do you save a pic received in a text to the gallery?

How do you set ringtones for contacts?

When I hook my usb / phone up to my laptop I get nothing. What am I doing wrong.

TimH

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

When I hook my usb / phone up to my laptop I get nothing. What am I doing wrong.

click on the picture in the message, go to menu, attached items, check the box, hit save.

click on contacts, open the contact you want, menu, edit, scroll down to ringtone, pick which one you want, hit save.

when you hook your phone up usb, you should see the folders on the sd card in my computer. doesn't really show up as a separate drive.

almaguer.a.m

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

You can go to Settings and then go to USB Settings and select from the following options Samsung Kies or Mass Storage or Ask on Connection.

Hope it helps...

akellar

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
No system update in menu

Am I missing something? The system update option in About Phone is not found. Does this only show up if an update is available or has USCC locked it down for some reason?

skipwms

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've been trying to add some of my ringtones for in coming texts, I don't like the ones that are set in the phone. I'm able to add for in coming call but not in coming texts. I read something about rooting do you think there is a way with that if there's no other way. If there is a way can let me know set by set, I'm not really quick with the phone yet LOL thanks :)

bdc1987

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
ive downloaded some ringtones/notifications from myxer.com and they automatically show up in the respective fields when going to select them as such, but for the life of me i cannot find them anywhere on the phones internal and external memory. i have a folder setup on my sd card for such items. i know on my desire everything i downloaded showed up in a download folder on my sd card but with my mesmerize only pictures that i download show up there. any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

laney12186

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a ridiculous question but how do I get the swype keyboard to work when I'm texting? I've gone through the tutorials and checked all the settings but I mist be missing something. Can anybody help?

laney12186

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have another question...is there a way to see what percentage of battery you have oft without downloading a battery indicator app? I can see where you look up what is using your battery and where you can see the status as either charging or not charging but I haven't found an actual percentage. Is it possible to see it without an app?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have another question...is there a way to see what percentage of battery you have oft without downloading a battery indicator app? I can see where you look up what is using your battery and where you can see the status as either charging or not charging but I haven't found an actual percentage. Is it possible to see it without an app?

You can go to menu>settings>about phone> battery, I believe. Some ROMs will have a battery percentage in the notification bar, but other than that, I think you'd have to use an app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez