Charging overnight

electron

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.
I've heard many people say that you should unplug the phone from your charger ad soon as it is done charging. Does this mean that I shouldn't charge my charge (heh) overnight, or is that ok?
PS Im loving my charge,thanks to everyone who recommended it!

libertao

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.
I've heard many people say that you should unplug the phone from your charger ad soon as it is done charging. Does this mean that I shouldn't charge my charge (heh) overnight, or is that ok?
I wouldn't sweat it too much since the impact is minimal and by the time the battery needs to actually be replaced, the same battery will be fairly cheap on eBay. That's the great thing about having a replaceable battery unlike certain phones ;)

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.

Its OK. I think most people charge their phone overnight.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When I had my OG Droid, I always charged it overnight. I do the same thing with my Charge. Never had any issues.

electron

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies, guys!
OK, that is what I figured, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to kill anything (at least faster than normal ;) ).

MikeS

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It is ok to leave it plugged in for a few extra hours. Todays electronics have a built in switch that automatically move current from a charged battery to direct power for the phone. However, I would not recommend leaving it plugged in for days at a time (who would do this I don't know but I thought I would just put it out there) because the current from the wall can begin to affect the circuits in the phone after long exposure.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There is a memory built in and it knows. Only car chargers don't have the memory so you should only use a car charger as a boost and not for a long period of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38