fully charged notification

robjeep

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the notification when the phone is fully charged or at least change the sound for it? I hate it going off in the night after I plug the phone in to charge.

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Of course, if you turn off notifications.

My solution was to use MyProfiles. I found it after much searching to solve a similar problem - how to keep it from making noise at night. It also allows multiple profiles that can be scheduled. I have one for Work, Home, Bedside, etc. Works great for me. Has the added benefit of turning off the radios at night so it also reduces the chance of a lockup at night due to sync issues.

I also use Night Clock for my alarm clock. Simple, works great, and has a nice big display in red so it's not too bright. Shows the time of the next alarm as well.

My only problem is that the alarm keeps getting turned off during the day. I suspect maybe it's the internal task management in Android, but I haven't figured it out yet. I plan to post another thread to see if anyone else has run into the problem.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No not yet. We can only hope they add this option in a future update. I've searched Google because I had the same concern. Goes off I guees to alert you that your phone is ready to take with you fully charged.

But once it drops to like 95% again and it's still charging it goes off again. This has been an issue with many Droids for years. Amazing how they just don't listen to our complaints and correct it by letting us toggle that alert off.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No not yet. We can only hope they add this option in a future update. I've searched Google because I had the same concern. Goes off I guees to alert you that your phone is ready to take with you fully charged.

But once it drops to like 95% again and it's still charging it goes off again. This has been an issue with many Droids for years. Amazing how they just don't listen to our complaints and correct it by letting us toggle that alert off.

Actually you can turn it off. I've done it and so have many others. Follow the link in my above post.

Reactions: expidia

urdaddi

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Actually you can turn it off. I've done it and so have many others. Follow the link in my above post.

Not everyone wants to root their phone. For whatever reason,not all want to chance bricking their phone and voiding their warranty.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The 'No Root Required Method'

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the full battery pop up, go back into your dialer and type in *#3844228#, check the box and then hit your home button.

Reactions: urdaddi

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thanks for that link. when I saw your earlier post I was not signed on so it would not allow me to follow it.

I just now followed your link and checked it off. The guy on youtube also said it does not work on all phones. We shall see in the AM if it worked on my Charge.

When I first followed the link I didn't put in a * (star) before the # because the * (star) symbol is so small. I couldn't access the hidden menus without that star. Once I watched the video I caught my error.

Seems dumb to me to have this feature in hidden menus and not just a stock toggle feature under Sound Settings . . . go figure?

Now if there was only a hidden menu toggle to switch on Netflix, I'd be a happy camper :D

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thanks for that link. when I saw your earlier post I was not signed on so it would not allow me to follow it.

I just now followed your link and checked it off. The guy on youtube also said it does not work on all phones. We shall see in the AM if it worked on my Charge.

When I first followed the link I didn't put in a * (star) before the # because the * (star) symbol is so small. I couldn't access the hidden menus without that star. Once I watched the video I caught my error.

Seems dumb to me to have this feature in hidden menus and not just a stock toggle feature under Sound Settings . . . go figure?

Now if there was only a hidden menu toggle to switch on Netflix, I'd be a happy camper :D

If for some reason, this does not work, I know another way to do it, but you need to be rooted.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If for some reason, this does not work, I know another way to do it, but you need to be rooted.

Ya, it doesn't work. Tried the hidden menu steps again today. I don't think it works on the Charge after the last update. At least on my particular Charge!

I know rooting would help, but I'm waiting to see how the device handles after the Gingerbread VZ update is available. The Charge does all I need right now for me without rooting it yet. The bloatware doesn't bother me. I have not even been in a 4G area yet, to see how fast it is over 3G.

It's light years ahead of trying to browse on my last BB 9650 device. So I'm pretty happy running the stock OS for now.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ya, it doesn't work. Tried the hidden menu steps again today. I don't think it works on the Charge after the last update. At least on my particular Charge!

I know rooting would help, but I'm waiting to see how the device handles after the Gingerbread VZ update is available. The Charge does all I need right now for me without rooting it yet. The bloatware doesn't bother me. I have not even been in a 4G area yet, to see how fast it is over 3G.

It's light years ahead of trying to browse on my last BB 9650 device. So I'm pretty happy running the stock OS for now.

4G is INSANELY faster. It's even faster than the wireless network at my employer, which is running on fiber optic. Although I'm sure the bandwith use there is a huge factor. And I'm sure once the official GB release is out, this phone will only get better. And rooting will make it better on top of that. It's almost impossible to brick this phone dude. Rooting will open up a whole new world for you and you'll never look back!