Missing play store, won't install, and won't update.

Hogwit

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Bought a Droid Charge off eBay after I broke my Fascinate (oops).
Got it and while waiting for a sim car from Verizon, I played around with it in "testmode" (when you turn it on and are in the setup, click emergency call and dial *#83786633 then click home)
The play store was there but when I turned it off, then back on, it was missing and I was just assuming it was something from it being in test mode...
I got the card today and activated it; works for texting, calls, web, etc, but I can't download any apps due to the missing play store.Googled a bit and found people said to do a factory reset so I tried that and nothing changed. They also said to download it from androidpolice.com then install it, when I did that it downloaded, but when I tried to install it, my phone said there's insufficient space and that I should delete apps to provide more space...the 32gb sd card has 29 point something gb available (I've put nothing on it yet), and the phone says there's over 1 gb left (again, nothing installed).
I also tried to update it, the phone will download it then ask to shut off in order to install the update, it shuts off then turns back on, but comes up to a white triangle with and orange exclamation mark and a green android guy. I let it sit for over 30 minutes and nothing changed, pulled the battery, put it back in and turned it on, it booted to a menu where it had options to install the update, reboot, etc. I selected to install the update and it said:
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted
I then clicked reboot, it turned off then back on and when it turned on, it was exactly the same as before, no update, and still missing the play store.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Hogwit

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Update: I was able to clear a bunch of caches through that screen I came to by the failure to update. Google Play store is back as well as the download/install ability, but it still won't update, still claiming the file doesn't exist.