Is It Worth It?

prodigy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading up on the ROMs and stuff like that, and it's all way over my head. I'm not going to be able to do that. So my question is, will this phone be worth it if I just leave it as is? Or should I continue holding out for the S2/Bionic?

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. With the new fix the phone is close to perfect. I think you can't go wrong with the Charge. Who knows when the S2 or the Bionic will drop. So many unknowns with those two devices. The charge is going to be a good device until the next gen 4g devices come out.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Its the best 4G phone on the market from Verizon in my opinion. I can't stand how the LG revolution is saturated with Bing and Microsoft. I did not appreciate the poor battery life of the HTC (my classmate owns one). I feel like the Charge is great especially since the recent update. Much more snappy to me but it could all just be psychological. ;-)

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading up on the ROMs and stuff like that, and it's all way over my head. I'm not going to be able to do that. So my question is, will this phone be worth it if I just leave it as is? Or should I continue holding out for the S2/Bionic?

I guess the first question to ask is what do you intend to do with the phone?

I bought the Charge as soon as it was available and I love it. But my main use is primarily for business and I do not play a lot of games and minimally take advantage of some of the media streaming service.

Amazon.com has it available for $179.00 for new accounts. If you can get it around that price and lock in unlimited data for a couple of years, I think you would be getting a great value for the investment.

As far as holding out for the dual core phones you list, you may want to read this article for consideration: Why do I keep coming back to the Nexus S? | This is my next...

Good luck!

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Texting/Calling, Email, Web Surfing, Camera, Shows/Music. In that order really. Wouldn't really be doing any gaming or anything like that.

IMO, it's the best phone on Verizon for those things you listed above.

I'm running un-rooted, and really don't know if I ever will root it. This phone just does everything I want it to do so well. If you want a 4G phone, I think you'll be VERY satisfied with the Charge.

I'm a little biased, for sure, but read some reviews around here. You won't find many (if any?) major complaints on this phone.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to smartphones and researched fro a while waiting on the Bionic. I finally went with the Charge and with the latest updated, EE4, this phone is awesome. If you don;t like Touchwize just get another launcher like Launcher Pro or Go Launcher. I started with Launcher Pro, but went to Go Luancher bceasue I liked the added customizations I could do. Even before the EE4 update I used Dolphin HD as the browser as it screams and the phone is fast. I do wish it had say 512MB of RAM, but so far I am happy. Battery life is good, best of the REAL 4G phones on the market and voice and sound quality is top notch. I only want to root to remove some of the bloat, but with Go Launcher I just hide a bunch of the bloat and the phone is fine.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
i traded my thunderbolt in on the charge after having to have it replaced 3 times. The screen quality is awsome and if you bye the phone online from verizon it comes with a coupon for 25 dollars worth of downloads from the samsun media hub. I tried it out and downloaded the new Star Treck movie because of all the dark and natural colours and tones in the movie as well as the lighting affects and after watching it on the phone i will say it is easily as good as watching this movie on blue ray on samsungs highest quality LED tv. I do have a few minor quoms with the phone however. It is a little laggy at times and some web sites that use a lot of flash will flat out lock up the stock browser. Other than that though i have no complaints. Something else to consider is that the My Verizon app and skype for verizon actually work on this phone as they do not on the thunderbolt so if you like to be able to use the my verizon app to monitor your phone bill of do video conferencing this this phone should be a #1 pick if your after a 4g device.

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this would be my first Android too. Some I'm probably best just getting this at the discounted Costco price?

Costco would have been my first choice, but I visited one of my local VZW premium resellers and was able to negotiate a new family plan for 2 DCs at $129.99 each, no activation fees and free car chargers...seems like some of the non-corporate stores are willing to deal; NOTE: I did not have to agree to the additional early termination fees like some of the online stores require!!!

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The other things to bare in mind is that the charge is Verizon Flagship device right now. I would plan on it being around awhile. Hell verizon even offers a wireless charger for the charge which consists of a replacement battery door and a charging pad that you simply lat the device on to charge it. No plugging your phone in anymore.

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just exchanged my thunderbolt (I was within my trial period) for the charge and have to say I love the charge! It is a much better phone than the tb and I think the best verizon has to offer right now.

There are always gives and takes, and this phone does have some issues, but overall I am very pleased and feel I will not grow tired of this phone for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk