HTC DLX first pictures

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow. No talks of any ground specs or features this phone has. If I didn't know any better I'd day to hell with hardware specs. Just build a phone that has a removable battery, SD slot, and on screen keys. It have a 800mhz single core, 640x480 5.8 inch screen, 512 mb RAM, and 5 GB memory spec, but long as you can swap batteries and plop in an SD card..all is forgiven.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks great. Gonna be my next phone, almost for sure. I am a bit concerned with possible battery life issues with all those pixels though. I am not at all concerned with 8MP vs 12mp on the camera, and almost prefer that it be 8. Too many pixels on a little sensor never seem to be much of an improvement. I just want a decent camera. Very disappointed in my Gnex one.

I am also not at all concerned about the capacitive keys. They just take up screen space anyway. Having the GNEX now for almost a year, I see no actual benefit of on-screen buttons other than uniformity of the button layout.

BMX : How would you compare (hypothetically :) battery life on the DLX to the GNEX? I am not thrilled with the battery life on the GNEX in general. Though it is not quite awful, I was hoping somehow for an improvement. I know you mentioned 8 hours on the DLX, but I also know you probably have it on as much or more than most. Thanks !

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always enjoyed HTC's hardware, but not Sense. Not anymore. The only way I can enjoy an HTC device now is after AOSP is installed on it. So I'd rather wait and see whether the bootloader can be unlocked, and AOSP availability, then decide whether it'll be worth the investment

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow. No talks of any ground specs or features this phone has. If I didn't know any better I'd day to hell with hardware specs. Just build a phone that has a removable battery, SD slot, and on screen keys. It have a 800mhz single core, 640x480 5.8 inch screen, 512 mb RAM, and 5 GB memory spec, but long as you can swap batteries and plop in an SD card..all is forgiven.

Specs do matter, but some trump all others (depending on personal preference). For me, such is the case regarding user replaceable batteries, at least until battery tech drastically improves. :)

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
That is a damn nice looking phone. I wish my Gnex was built like that but with on screen keys. I've always enjoyed HTC's build quality as a previous Dinc owner. Will keep tabs on this phone after some real world testing.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Specs do matter, but some trump all others (depending on personal preference). For me, such is the case regarding user replaceable batteries, at least until battery tech drastically improves. :)

Good point. I agree with your viewpoint. I hope with the newer Sense, more efficient processor, and more efficient display technology this phone has, it will buy some time until battery tech is optimized even more.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

weblos

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I will say this.. the processor is quite battery friendly.. now will you get 12 hours out of it? no.. but you will find that with moderate use that a full 8 hours is possible. Now with that screen its hard to turn it off. lmao
I went from being super excited to totally dissapointed in this phone.8 hours of moderate use is horrible nowadays.I want and need a full day of use from a phone. When i saw 2500 mah i thought for sure it would last a day. The screen is only about 4% bigger than the gs3(which lasts a whole day with moderate use) with roughly 18% bigger battery. The extra pixels must suck up battery like crazy.Damn i really wanted this sexy beast, but 8 hours is unacceptable

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I went from being super excited to totally dissapointed in this phone.8 hours of moderate use is horrible nowadays.I want and need a full day of use from a phone. When i saw 2500 mah i thought for sure it would last a day. The screen is only about 4% bigger than the gs3(which lasts a whole day with moderate use) with roughly 18% bigger battery. The extra pixels must suck up battery like crazy.Damn i really wanted this sexy beast, but 8 hours is unacceptable

You're believing what somebody says about this phone battery life when they've never even held it before?

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You're believing what somebody says about this phone battery life when they've never even held it before?

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

I'm pretty sure the poster blackmannx has already been using the device. Read his post and the response from Kevin O very carefully...

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
He may have used it but I'm sure he is some type of tester for HTC or even Verizon so to say the battery life is poor wouldn't be right to say seeing as the device is probably being used 100% of the time!

Also keep in mind it HAS NOT been released yet! When a phone first comes out it always has laundry list of issues (battery life is normally first and foremost on that list) that WILL get ironed out through updates.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
He may have used it but I'm sure he is some type of tester for HTC or even Verizon so to say the battery life is poor wouldn't be right to say seeing as the device is probably being used 100% of the time!

Also keep in mind it HAS NOT been released yet! When a phone first comes out it always has laundry list of issues (battery life is normally first and foremost on that list) that WILL get ironed out through updates.

Your first paragraph is absolutely incorrect.

Your second paragraph is spot on. Even if battery life is worse than we want it will almost certainly get better after an update or two.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Is that another kind of speaker/microphone grill to the left of the camera lens? Or just an artifact on the image?

Also, this seems to be the US sibling of the J Butterfly, so why would it not also have the same LCD3 screen?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is that another kind of speaker/microphone grill to the left of the camera lens? Or just an artifact on the image?

Also, this seems to be the US sibling of the J Butterfly, so why would it not also have the same LCD3 screen?

Definitely not an image artifact. (Though it got rez'd out in our original blog post image.)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

It will probably have the same display.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Is the unlock button on top? I know that seems like a petty gripe, but on such a long phone its gonna be a pain reaching for it each time I want to unlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa