jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Depending on the size of the file it may or maynot take a bit of time, xfered a 1.5meg pic and it took about 15 secs, a bit long in the tooth to have the phones close to each other.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Depending on the size of the file it may or maynot take a bit of time, xfered a 1.5meg pic and it took about 15 secs, a bit long in the tooth to have the phones close to each other.
They don't have to stay next to each other the whole time... Just long enough to make the connection.

I think.... I'll have to do some experiments.. ;)

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

ApexPredation

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time getting this to work on my DNA. There seems to be a very small sweet zone to get it to work. Anyone know where the chip is actually located?

TapWise

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You can program NFC tags to do tons of different things that can benefit your daily routine. Some of the most common uses would be to turn on or off your wifi, turn on or off your bluetooth (in your car for example), send texts, emails, you can put them on your business cards and have the tag send your info to the person via touch, you can have the tags set up to send people to your website, facebook or twitter.. .etc. the list goes on and on!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You can program NFC tags to do tons of different things that can benefit your daily routine. Some of the most common uses would be to turn on or off your wifi, turn on or off your bluetooth (in your car for example), send texts, emails, you can put them on your business cards and have the tag send your info to the person via touch, you can have the tags set up to send people to your website, facebook or twitter.. .etc. the list goes on and on!

TapWise, I did a search in the forums to try and find out more about NFC, but didn't find anything. I know nothing about this subject and am very interested in learning all about it. Can you lead me to where I can learn about what NFC is and how it works? Thank you!

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
While I never really used NFC much beyond Wallet on my Nexus, here's a thread from their forum which may give some insight into uses. You may have some reading and scrolling to do but there's some good discussion in there. It also talks about nfc tags that people have purchased and the ones that work best:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...anyone-using-nfc-tags-their-galaxy-nexus.html

Here is a link posted in that forum of how someone was using theirs:

Using NFC tags with Galaxy Nexus to change settings based on location | Erik Dasque's random ramblings and photography

This stuff here means nothing to me but I'm not a developer:

NFC Basics | Android Developers

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
While I never really used NFC much beyond Wallet on my Nexus, here's a thread from their forum which may give some insight into uses. You may have some reading and scrolling to do but there's some good discussion in there. It also talks about nfc tags that people have purchased and the ones that work best:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...anyone-using-nfc-tags-their-galaxy-nexus.html

Here is a link posted in that forum of how someone was using theirs:

Using NFC tags with Galaxy Nexus to change settings based on location | Erik Dasque's random ramblings and photography

This stuff here means nothing to me but I'm not a developer:

NFC Basics | Android Developers

Thank you so much for taking your time to post this info! Appreciate it and I will take a look.

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress