Little Issues Making Me Wanna Throw the Phone - What Am I Doing Wrong?

beirlilny

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have had the phone for four days now and I am coming from a Tbolt (running a 2700 mah extended battery, of course).

I am not familiar with this version of Sense, so please let me know if there is something I can do about these things that are starting to drive me bananas:

1.) App icons will duplicate and attach themselves to the homescreen after I have exited the app, even if there was already an icon on the homescreen to begin with. If I open the app twice, I would end up with three icons on the homescreen. How do stop this?
2.) Those same app icons that are putting themselves on the homescreen, simply because I opened the app, WILL NOT BUDGE once on the homescreen. To long-press on it does nothing - the "remove" and "edit" don't even appear at the top of the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the phone, which I'm sure you can imagine will get old real quick.
3.) After restarting the phone, widgets do not reload at all, even after waiting about 20 minutes. I have to re-setup all the homescreens all over again.
4.) The internet/browser barely works - this happens whether I am using Wi-Fi at home (Lou, KY), on campus or using 4G. I keep getting the message that the webpage(s) has/have become unresponsive.
5.) Aside from problems with the internet (even at home), 4G also works only 10% of the time.
6.) I can't get the phone to stop vibrating for notifications.
7.) The battery - I have installed the same (not more) apps that were on my Tbolt. I have also installed the same Task Manager I had on my Tbolt and have set it to "auto-kill" pretty much everything. I have noticed that I can take the phone off of the charger with 100% battery life, go to school for four or five hours (where I keep both Wi-Fi and 4G off), look at the phone again and realize that I have only about 80% battery left. Is this a normal drain for a sleeping phone with a task manager and no internet connection?
8.) Is there a way to display the battery charge percentage on the lock screen when it is charging?

Am I missing something or have I gotten a "lemon"? Or, do I just need to have some patience while getting used to the new phone?

Thanks in advance!

rayzryd266

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you got a dud there - I haven't had anything even close to those kind of issues at all. I would bring it back to big red and show them exactly what you have and politely demand another phone. Good luck

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Agreed sounds like you have a lemon. I'd go get a new one. Competencies as far as the task manager I wouldn't install that. It might seem like it's helping but if it's constantly running in the background trying to shut down apps its definitely going to drain battery

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely something wrong with your phone! What you describe is DEFINITELY not characteristic of the phone's behavior. If a reboot and reset to factory original condition does not take care of these issues, get a new phone pronto. Trust me, this phone is buttery smooth and has incredible battery life, particularly on standby. Yesterday I unplugged it at 7:50 AM and used it moderately all day, mostly on wifi then, on the way home I made about 45 minutes worth of phone calls over bluetooth in the car (still off any charger) and by the time I plugged it back in before I went to bed at around 11:00 PM it had 61% charge left!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I would remove the task killer for one, then do a factory reset and start from scratch. If you are still having the same problem, take it back for an exchange; but it sounds more like a software issue than hardware.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This is absolutely caused by the fact you have a task killer. I didn't know they even still had those in the market. Delete that, reset, move on and never, never ever ever ever, download a task killer again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress