Help with Jellybean

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I still learning android on my DNA. I cant figure out how to FULLY clear cookies and recent history out of the web browser. I cleared the cookies and cache and dat and everything under the settings bar in the browser. But at the goole search home page when hit the back button it still loads the last page I was on. I can keep hitting back and bring up every page I have viewed? Help please.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that's a possibility.. On any browser that I can think of for that matter. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you keep hitting the back button on the stock browser, it should eventually close. Also make sure that you don't have multiple windows open. The next time you open your browser, you should be on www.google.com, and when you hit back, it should close the browser again.

Or, you can download Dolphin Browser which will prompt you to clear cache and history when you fully back out of it.

Sent from my DNA

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What has happened is you had multiple tabs open and the last one you closed was not the first one you opened, therefore it always lands back on the page it opened with.

Easy cure: Open the browser, tap "TABS" at the top of the screen, tap "new Tab" at the bottom of the screen & a new tab opens. Tap "Tabs" again and both screens appear, swipe the clean screen out of the way and tap the "X" at the top right hand corner of the tab you don't want. Now every time you open the browser you will have the clean Google screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa