Otterbox defender

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that has the otterbox defender left the screen protector on? I don't really mind the decreased sensitivity knowing that the screen is safe. And I've read that when you remove the screen protector the case becomes loose.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has the otterbox defender left the screen protector on? I don't really mind the decreased sensitivity knowing that the screen is safe. And I've read that when you remove the screen protector the case becomes loose.

Hey, I don't have a droid, but I use an Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy S3 I would never even consider taking the built in screen protector off. The sensitivity isn't bad at all, I can't tell you if it would loosen the case, but I would strongly recommend NOT removing it. If you want a case that does the same thing as an OTTER and doesn't have a screen protector get a Ballistic case. And use your own Screen Protector.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Any problems with the silicone stretching out? I removed the case a couple of times to try and clean out dust from under the screen protector.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Haven't used a defender on my S3 yet (currently using a commuter) but I never had a problem with stretching on my old iPhone 3gs, but my wife's iPhone 4 did have a couple defenders where the rubber stretched really badly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Both my son and I have an Otterbox Defender case on our GS3s. Check out my review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006. The screen protector is just fine and sensitivity difference is neglible at best though as clear as not having it. Protection over appearance any day.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the screen protector sensitivity issue is due to the glass being beveled. So the protector isn't flush with the screen

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid DNA Cases

Pretty much the only reason I'm using one with it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

It just fits in my baggy jeans comfortably. I have a tighter pair and I'm pretty sure it won't fit. Might be forced to use the holster. :(

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the defender on my DNA and I removed the plastic screen after a matter of hours. It wasn't even just the desensitized screen, but the give beneath the screen when pressing that drove me insane. I didn't like the feeling of air between the protector, the glass, and my finger. The case is a little looser since removing the screen but not noticably so to the point that the case doesn't fit the phone. Its more of a little creak on each side. The case still fits the phone perfectly and I am much happier with my purchase now that I've removed the screen. I kept it incase I ever decided I wanted to reattach it but I highly doubt o ever will. I have removed the cover frequently to show the difference between naked and cased and the silicon is as rigid as always.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My husband has the defender on his note 2 and while the screen protector has the same issue as the dnas, it isn't as noticeably so, and he has decided to keep his intact. Both of our phones have screen protectors installed anyways, so I believe my screen is just as protected as it would have been with the built in protector without the issues of dust build up or permanant scratches on the built in protector. I can remove my screen protector at any time if it becomes too damaged and replace it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to have to suck it up and use the holster. I can get the phone in my pocket but moving around is uncomfortable.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to have to suck it up and use the holster. I can get the phone in my pocket but moving around is uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any tips for taking the phone out of the holster? It's kinda awkward with the release being at the top when it's horizontal

Who uses the holster and who has found a way of making this fit in their pockets?

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So I wore the holster for all of 10 minutes. Not gonna happen. I'll just have to deal with a massive phone in my pocket. No biggie... Get it lol.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone feels normal sized now that I've had it for a while. Especially next to my husband's note 2.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm finding that I really don't like the bulk. I'm probably going to return it and go back to the diztronic case. The Verizon rep that sold it to me didn't give me the box though only a receipt. Can I still return it?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm finding that I really don't like the bulk. I'm probably going to return it and go back to the diztronic case. The Verizon rep that sold it to me didn't give me the box though only a receipt. Can I still return it?

You should be able to return, and, a copy of your receipt is always available via verizonwireless.com

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How much do you think it takes to stretch it out? I've taken it off a handful of times to clean the screen. I have been pretty careful and not pulled on it very hard when removing it.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
How much do you think it takes to stretch it out? I've taken it off a handful of times to clean the screen. I have been pretty careful and not pulled on it very hard when removing it.

I have taken mine off many times for cleaning purposes and it hasn't stretched at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk