Did I do right?

thecabinboy

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a Rezound to a DNA this weekend (March 16) and am a little concerned I should have waited. The wife was getting a new IPhone 5 and I guess I became a little jealous. I have the 14 day period to return. With my luck, I know that on day 15 the next greatest thing will be released.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a Rezound to a DNA this weekend (March 16) and am a little concerned I should have waited. The wife was getting a new IPhone 5 and I guess I became a little jealous. I have the 14 day period to return. With my luck, I know that on day 15 the next greatest thing will be released.

You will always wait on the next best thing. The DNA is great. But if you feel the need. Just take the phone back the day before the last. Switch to something else... I'd ask them if you get another 14days on the different phone... If so you could do that until the s4 is released. Will be the best phone on Verizon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can't win at that game. At some point you need to just pick something and run with it (unless you have more money than God and can change phones every month).
Neither the S4 or HTC One will be available anytime soon. The DNA is at the top of the food chain right now with a couple of other models, hard to go wrong with it.
And lastly, I finally capped out on my "what I use a phone for" when I had my Bionic. I am not able to use nor have a need for any of the new capabilities of the latest and greatest phones out there.
If I had a HTC One right now I would use it exactly the way I use my DNA. With that said, can't wait for the New Droid DNA One Plus Megatron HD!!!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You can't win at that game. At some point you need to just pick something and run with it (unless you have more money than God and can change phones every month).
Neither the S4 or HTC One will be available anytime soon. The DNA is at the top of the food chain right now with a couple of other models, hard to go wrong with it.
And lastly, I finally capped out on my "what I use a phone for" when I had my Bionic. I am not able to use nor have a need for any of the new capabilities of the latest and greatest phones out there.
If I had a HTC One right now I would use it exactly the way I use my DNA. With that said, can't wait for the New Droid DNA One Plus Megatron HD!!!

This is exactly how I feel. Well said.

Sent from my DNA

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Return it. The DNA is poorly made. The screens bleed. The Home button on top will eventually sink in to the point where it will not function. The screen will shatter with even a short fall. The red grill on the side will eventually start to peel away. This phone is crap.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Return it. The DNA is poorly made. The screens bleed. The Home button on top will eventually sink in to the point where it will not function. The screen will shatter with even a short fall. The red grill on the side will eventually start to peel away. This phone is crap.

Is this speaking from experience? Have not heard these complaints before.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I received my DNA a few weeks ago. Like you I debated on whether I should wait for the next great thing to come out, or go ahead and replace my old phone that was really having issues. Verizon advised me to do a full reset on the old phone to see if that worked, and my thought was that if I was going to do that, and I was eligible for a replacement, I might as well get the replacement.

I absolutely LOVE this phone. It is by far the best phone I've had. Barring anything unforseen, I don't think I will be replacing this phone for a long, long time. It's absolutely beautiful. It's fast, and it does everything I want. I have no issues with lack of storage, as some have had. Granted it's only been a month, but I sync my pics to Dropbox, then delete them from the phone. I have a case on it, and my 2 year old granddaughter even dropped the phone on our oak hardwood floors (twice) and nothing happened.

Then again, red is my favorite color...

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

B.S.

Sent from my DNA

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

The only complaint I have about the phone is a bleeding/shadowing issue along the edges of the screen on every replacement I've had. That and the blatantly visible digitizer. I hope HTC shapes up those things on the One.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The DNA is the best phone I've ever had hands down. (including the iPhone5).

However, the biggest reason not to buy it is that it's a one-off phone, an artifact. It's not sold by any other carrier and will be little more than a memory within a month or two (at least as far as Verizon is concerned). I got mine a few weeks after they came out and it was the first anyone in the store could remember setting up. If it wasn't for the Butterfly, we wouldn't even be able to find cases.

I'd definitely buy one used if I was in the market and I'm keeping mine but at this point I wouldn't run into a Verizon store and get one as a new customer or if I was up for renewal.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I switched to Verizon and got the Droid DNA last weekend from the iPhone5, and I think I made the right choice on a phone I would be satisfied with. Battery life with the DNA is a little better than the iPhone

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA LTE Device

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just jumped to DNA from rezound yesterday. Figure battery cant get any worse than rezound!! Had incredible prior....guess I'm a sucker for black with red accents!:)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I have owned a ton of Android handsets this is by far the best I have ever used. Is it perfect? No! Is any phone? No! I really like mine and have no real complaints.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

sounds like a troll or a samsung fanboy to me.i have no problems with mine 4 months of daily use.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is the best phone I've had (previously had an Inc4G, GNex, and TBolt). Even if the HTC One comes out for VZW later this spring, I'm not sure I'd upgrade, which is surprising since I normally would jump on it pretty quickly.

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site

I have had mine since launch and have had none of these issues. Heck, it's the first time I'm hearing of some of them.