Google Wallet

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just installed google wallet on my DNA, I thought this was locked from us? What changed that we can get it now? Was this news old and im late to the party? Any one else been using wallet lately?

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I cant tell from the article but, will the DNA be able to make NFC payments in stores now? Or can I only use it for non POS purchases?

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I installed it as well, and I enabled NFC but do not see how Wallet and NFC is used together. See below

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I found in settings the tap About, it states Tap and Pay not available. So I am uninstalling.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

live311

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe this topic warrants a necro-bump as a lot has changed. Google Wallet now allows tap to pay on the DNA. Two huge data breaches have brought credit card security to the forefront. And Apple now has their own version of tap to pay. They invented it, in fact. Just ask Tim Cook.

I recently installed Google Wallet on my DNA and added my primary credit card. There aren't a lot of places around here that allow NFC payments, at least nowhere that I frequent. I've tried it twice. The first time was at a small merchant with a human cashier. I had NFC enabled and the app said it was ready. In order to get it to work the cashier had to manually select credit on the register. She had never seen someone use it before so it made for a bit of an awkward moment, but she was young so the concept of Google Wallet was not foreign to her. She even acknowledged that it was the future!

The second time was at a local CVS at a self-checkout. Again the app was ready but this time it didn't work. Rather that fiddle with it and hold up the line I just whipped out my credit card (which is NFC compatible, anyway). I probably wasn't holding the phone right. I foresee a few more awkward moments, like the old man who swipes his credit card backwards over and over and blames the technology rather than the user so he just decides to write out a check by hand. I'll get it right, eventually.

Anyway, considering the cyber-war being waged by Russian hackers, I think anyone who does not otherwise have NFC compatible credit cards will find Google Wallet very useful and secure. It's too bad that close to 100 million consumers had to be compromised in order to get the industry on board with this technology. And now that Apple is in on it maybe people will start to use it.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I really don't care that apple pay is getting all the attention. The main thing is as of this month retailers need to accept NFC devices to get fraud coverage from the credit card companies. That is why Apple waited until now. The adoption of NFC payments will benefit everyone. It really irks me that retailers have been so clueless with my credit card data, but the temporary codes used by GW and Apple pay will break the Russian scammers. They can grab that data but it will do them no good.

Google needs to do some promo for Wallet. It's cool. Just bought some stuff at Walgreens. Failed at BestBuy because 'we just got it' and their hookup to the CC provider was not working. But they will be up soon. Jamba Juice takes it as well as McDonald's and about 100 retailers within 10 miles (I am in a major city). This is great stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa