HTC Exec - DNA upgrade timeline: 4.2.2 in Nov.; 4.4 Q1

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all... Over the past week or so, I've been persistently hitting up some HTC folks over twitter, trying to find out why we were told the DNA was going to 4.2.2 instead of 4.3 or even 4.4. It only took about 15 attempts, but I finally got a response from Mohammed Versi, the Executive Director of Product Management @ HTC.

Here's are his tweets regarding the subject:

First (replied to someone else doing the same thing I've been doing):
For DNA, we are able to pull in the schedule to Nov. Teams are working hard with the carrier to drive.

Second (replied to me):
the customization on Droid is much more complex.Release 4.2.2 in Nov, followed by 4.4 in Q1

I replied:
Can I quote you on that? I've been lied to by HTC/VZW countless times over the past 3 years.

He responded:
We apologize for that. If anything changes, I will let you know. Thanks.

For anyone that's had an HTC device before, you know we've heard this all before, and have been told fables about OS update timelines (Thunderbolt ICS update, anyone? ), but this time it feels like we have something to work off. HTC has also been hitting their update targets for their newer devices lately (OK, mostly hitting), so here's hoping this timeline sticks! :)

jobjohnny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for digging and digging until you received a response from HTC. This is the first I'm hearing that the DNA will be upgraded to 4.4. Good news indeed.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Look for HTC to actually push 4.4 SOONER...

With Motorola Pushing ALL ITS DROIDS to 4.4 ahead of schedule... they would be severely stupid to leave the droids they have behind motorola....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa