Anyone experience this?

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
First off I'm the fixer of all things electronic in my household. If kids, wife or even inlaws in fact have a problem with their phone they come to me. So my daughter brings me her inc2 today and says "my phone is acting wierd". First thing I say "what did you do to it"? I say this because she has been gone all week at a volleyball camp on the coast. I'm running a list of things she could have exposed it to during her stay at camp. Water, sand, the hard ground, other unruly teenagers..........

So I look at it and it is on the white screen with the skating android dudes. I tried selecting one of the options with the power button and nothing.......

So after doing a little reading and not finding much I decide to do a battery pull. Ok heres where it gets wierd. I got it to start up again but after unlocking the screen it just kept vibrating like when you turn the volume all the way down. So I hit the up volume button and the vibrating stops. Then a few seconds later it starts the vibrating again. So I get it to eventually power down and try to start it again. It seems like its going to start up normal but then goes to that white screen again with the skater droids. WTH.....It seems that somehow the volume down button keeps activating on its own. Took the back cover off inspected buttons and no appearant damage. Kept trying to troubleshoot it and then finally I got a black screen with the little phone image and a red triangle and exclamation point. Time to call Verizon! Techs couldn't figure it out so they are shipping me a replacement. Hopefully this isn't a recurring problem.

So anyone else experience this problem?

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The bootloader is the screen you were seeing with the skating androids. That is accessed by holding volume down when booting up, so it definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Should not be a recurring problem if you get replaced.

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
First thing that comes to mind is that water got into it, and is shorting the connections to the volume and power buttons,