Firmware Upgrade 2.3.4 Now Available

hilmar2k#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you been to a Verizon store lately? I went the other day with this problem. I was told that Verizon no longer has in store tech support. There was no one behind the support counter. I was given a paper with the direct line to tech support and was then advised to reset my phone

No more techs in store.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's why I'm paying more for less data... Everyone um, wait what? They doubled the square footage of my vz store here and I lose local tech support? Awesome

Sent from my DInc2 via Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I had to get my phone reset in-store. The vzw employee said "I know there's a way to do it but I gotta figure out how "

Yea can i get fries with that?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
yup, tech support in stores is gone. all done over the phone now

I have found over the years that tech support in the stores was useless anyway. Many issues can be solved by reading this and other forums. When I walk into a store I am sure that I have more knowledge than they do. Phone tech support will probably do what the stores did and send you a refurb.

Normandie

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: cinnamin

Jared_Holloway

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm new, this is my first post, so if I don't use abbreviations don't kill me.

I've read all the thread, and no one seems to be having the same problem I'm having.

My DINC2 is still working, I can make calls, txt, use my apps etc. BUT, I can not connect to my Google Account. My market will not open, and my gmail shortcut just flashes a white screen for half a second and then back to my screen with the shortcut.

When I open the market it says i need to link it with a google account, would I like to do that now? I push yes, and i'm back to the home scree.

I've tried syncing the account again. I can sync Gmail, but there is no "google" option in my Accounts/Sync in the Settings.

Any ideas, other than factory reset?

I have no clue if I was rooted on anything prior. (not even sure I know what it means...)

I was running 2.3.3 fine prior to upgrading to 2.3.4

Thanks.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm new, this is my first post, so if I don't use abbreviations don't kill me.

I've read all the thread, and no one seems to be having the same problem I'm having.

My DINC2 is still working, I can make calls, txt, use my apps etc. BUT, I can not connect to my Google Account. My market will not open, and my gmail shortcut just flashes a white screen for half a second and then back to my screen with the shortcut.

When I open the market it says i need to link it with a google account, would I like to do that now? I push yes, and i'm back to the home scree.

I've tried syncing the account again. I can sync Gmail, but there is no "google" option in my Accounts/Sync in the Settings.

Any ideas, other than factory reset?

I have no clue if I was rooted on anything prior. (not even sure I know what it means...)

I was running 2.3.3 fine prior to upgrading to 2.3.4

Thanks.

Sorry but I'm afraid a Factory Reset is your only option. When my wife lost her Android Market a reset is the only thing that fixed it.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
. . .

Any ideas, other than factory reset? . . .

I had the same issue. I tried the Android forums and Google forums. The consensus was Factory Reset. While it still blows, it's not as bad as you may think.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
September has been a busy travel month for me. And, sadly, I have not followed the Android Central blog and forum posts as closely as usual. So I was quite surprised when I woke up this morning to find a software update message on my DI2. "Huh", I said while yawning, "I wonder what this could be about." The update was pretty fast. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up the software data and saw 2.3.4 staring back at me from the screen. Of course, now, I check the forums.

run2bfit

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been out of the country and returned last night. My DInc2 just updated itself and now my gmail app, talk (force close), contacts and market are not loading or syncing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck

I am a total newbie/tard when it comes to my phone and its full potential. Do I need to do a complete re-install of my google related apps or/and hard reset?

help...

coastalcarolina

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been out of the country and returned last night. My DInc2 just updated itself and now my gmail app, talk (force close), contacts and market are not loading or syncing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck

I am a total newbie/tard when it comes to my phone and its full potential. Do I need to do a complete re-install of my google related apps or/and hard reset?

help...

do a factory reset.