New Update for Droid Icredible 2

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when the new update is for droid incredible 2? I had recieved the gingerbread aka 2.3.4. Usually how long does it take to get a new updates?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
We are currently grounded at 2.3.4 and there have been no talks of any additional upgrades for our phones, to a higher Android System. :-\

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Manufactures don't release updates on any type of schedule. Updates are released whenever the OEM or carrier think an update is needed.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I imagine we will receive a couple more updates in the future as this phone is relatively new and Google is bearing down on manufacturers to release updates. The HTC rhyme has a 3.5 version of sense and that phone is similar to this one.

Sent from my Incredible 2

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I was never able to install 2.3.4, even after clearing the caches as recommended. I guess a factory reset is the next step---if someone can tell me how to do one.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I imagine we will receive a couple more updates in the future as this phone is relatively new and Google is bearing down on manufacturers to release updates. The HTC rhyme has a 3.5 version of sense and that phone is similar to this one.

I don't think you will see sense 3.0 or 3.5 on this phone unless you root.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you will see sense 3.0 or 3.5 on this phone unless you root.

You may be right. It just sucks that android manufacturers forget about phones 6 months after they are released. They only care about their bottom line. We almost have to root. Its seems like the only phones that get solid updates are the nexus and iPhones. Google needs to control the ecosystem better.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I ran Sense 3.0 and 3.5 on my rooted inc2. It had some nice features but is nothing special really over 2.1. Sense 3.0 lockscreen is cool but you can get that via widget locker anyways. HTC Sense at 2.1 is pretty ahead of its time anyways and has alot of features already built in that Google is just adding to stock android 4.0 now. It would be nice to receive regular updates on this phone though. The Desire in the UK just received sense 3.0

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from blackberry, i expected better from a flagship "droid" branded phone.

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am running MySense 3.5 on my rooted Inc2 now and it's pretty sweet. If people don't want to wait for HTC to update they could always root if they feel comfortable doing so. I am imagine HTC will update us though as they usually fear customer backlashes as customer service is one of their selling points as a company (excluding the Thunderbolt issues).

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It cracks me up that we all believe that if our phones don't get new OS's or updates every 3 months they are obsolete. The same goes for the hardware cycle. Compared to BlackBerry, etc the OS updates are incredible on Android, even if Sense 3.0 or 3.5 does not come to the phone. I agree it would be great, but that is how HTC gets you to jump to a new phone. They need to release new features for only new phones. Apple and RIM do it also. RIM even more so given their new OS releases don't generally support old applications or any old phones in the last two years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87