Charging Issue

jgfan1972

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So while at work, where I don't have the best signal, I try to keep my phone plugged in as much as possible. While doing this my battery wont stay charged, actually it drains. After work I charge at home and it charges, but slow.

Could a new battery be needed? Or is there another solution that I could try before then. I just got this phone used and I love it, except for this.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the charger it came with? I have a second hand aftermarket charger at work that charges suuuupppper slow. If i use my friends thunderbolt charger, it charges fast.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So while at work, where I don't have the best signal, I try to keep my phone plugged in as much as possible. While doing this my battery wont stay charged, actually it drains. After work I charge at home and it charges, but slow.

Could a new battery be needed? Or is there another solution that I could try before then. I just got this phone used and I love it, except for this.

In both cases, are you plugging it into the wall with the same charger? If so, that's really strange - I can't imagine why it would be different in two locations.

Or are you plugging it into a usb port at work? If so, that port could be faulty.

I bought two new batteries (1500 mAh - standard rating but aftermarket, not OEM) plus a wall plug charger so I can charge a battery without tying up my phone. All three items for under $9 (including shipping) on eBay.

jgfan1972

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So, I figured out that my thought of running on WiFi would use less battery, but it doesnt or inst. So today I left my WiFi off and my battery is losing about 10% per hour under average use. So I am happy now. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My nephew had the same problem and it was a faulty usb port, so i would probably get that checked out too. A replacement battery did not fix the problem.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
In both cases, are you plugging it into the wall with the same charger? If so, that's really strange - I can't imagine why it would be different in two locations.

Or are you plugging it into a usb port at work? If so, that port could be faulty.

I bought two new batteries (1500 mAh - standard rating but aftermarket, not OEM) plus a wall plug charger so I can charge a battery without tying up my phone. All three items for under $9 (including shipping) on eBay.

what is the name of the wall charger you found and how well does it work?

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
what is the name of the wall charger you found and how well does it work?

It's generic (no brand) -- it says "multi-connector USB battery charger". It works fine and not only has a place for the Dinc2 battery but has a USB port (which can be used to charge things other than phone batteries.)

It's very handy.