GPS issues on Droid Inc2 or Google Sky Map problem?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Is there a bug with the GPS on the DInc2?

On the day the phone arrived, I opened Google Maps for the first time and noticed that it was a few miles off. This eventually corrected itself. Navigation worked just fine.

Google Sky Map, though, is definitely not working on the DInc2. The DInc2 definitely doesn't know which way is north. hehehe I haven't tried out any other GPS utilities yet; so, I'm not sure if the problem is unique to Google Sky Map.

Anyone else having any problem with GPS on the DInc2?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
my google sky is working great on my dinc 2. Check to make sure your gps choices are correct.

hmm...thanks for the feedback. the phone isn't here right now, but i know for sure that GPS is enabled in the location settings.

i'll re-check.

bdemarco

May 5, 2011
Visit site
my google sky is working great on my dinc 2. Check to make sure your gps choices are correct.
Does Google Sky actually get north right on your Inc 2? There have been multiple reports of Maps and Sky switching N/S when using the magnetometer. I'd like to know if it's a device specific problem, or a problem with all Inc 2s. One person has claimed that Verizon acknowledged it as a Inc 2 -wide problem.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Does Google Sky actually get north right on your Inc 2? There have been multiple reports of Maps and Sky switching N/S when using the magnetometer. I'd like to know if it's a device specific problem, or a problem with all Inc 2s. One person has claimed that Verizon acknowledged it as a Inc 2 -wide problem.

That sounds like the problem we were having. Time to email Verizon. I hope VZW & HTC are working on a fix.

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on my Inc 2... in google maps and in sky map, n/s is reversed.

But my compass app works fine, and I did try recalibrating.

Last week I called VZW and reported the problem; they called me back a day later and confirmed they found it on all Inc 2's.

The rep said they would report the problem to HTC who would presumably fix it in a software update.

Reactions: TBolt

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
is there a car mode for this phone? I could have swore I saw something while lurking around in the phone, but I can't find anything in the app drawer?