verizon to virgin mobile conversion

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to buy the Droid Incredible 2 (even if it's not on a contract) and then port it over to Virgin Mobile. I figured since VM is owned by Sprint, and Spring and Verizon use the same technology then it might work.

Harro#AC

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
While they both use CDMA, I'm not sure the band range is the same. I do know that Virgin Mobile doesn't flash their phones for their own network like other Prepaid phone plans do, such as TracFone. While you may not have to take extra steps for the phone to work on the network, you may run into an issue if the company doesn't allow you to add the EMEI number from the phone.

Theoretically, any rooted CDMA style phone should work, so long as it is compatible with the network you're routing it to.

Hope that helps.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, Virgin runs on Sprint's network. Since you can't port phones between Verizon and Sprint, or vice versa, I'd doubt it will work on Virgin.

It's easier to take a GSM phone from one carrier to another, but even they can be locked down to carrier. But because CDMA uses an MEID there is no shot.

logee91

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I konw incredible 2 called S710D in China, and it can only work on China Telecom(cdma); however, it could use on China mobile(GSM) and Unicom(WCDMA) after flash verizon ROM in to the phone.
I have asked HTC whether s710d can work with a US sim card. the feedback they gave me is "yes"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty