Camera Question

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Having come from an OG Droid, I am used to having a dedicated hardware button for the camera. Additionally, I am used to being able to slightly press the button to focus on an object and then completely press the button to take the picture. How do I accomplish this with the DInc2? I have tried pressing and holding the button on screen, but it just takes the picture after focusing and does not wait for me to release the button.

On my Xoom, if I press the on screen button, the picture is not taken until I release the button. That is what I would expect from the DInc2. What am I missing?

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi..

I am coming from an OG Droid too.

On the DInc2, you can focus by tapping on the screen where you want the camera to focus. Want to focus on the plant in the foreground? tap the plant. Want to focus on the mountain in the background? tap the mountain. It's quite nice really.

-O

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi..

I am coming from an OG Droid too.

On the DInc2, you can focus by tapping on the screen where you want the camera to focus. Want to focus on the plant in the foreground? tap the plant. Want to focus on the mountain in the background? tap the mountain. It's quite nice really.

-O

Thanks! I had a feeling it was something simple. I tried that at one point, but must not have done it right.

Island Droid

May 11, 2011
Visit site
(posted this in another camera thread as well)

My concern with the camera is with the controls being at the bottom of the screen making for tough picture taking, especially one handed.

Is there a way to move the controls to another position (top or side of the screen) for better handling??

I wish there was a shutter button on the case itself as I always seem to touch the wrong part of the screen when trying to touch the screen shutter button.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
There are camera apps that move the shutter to the volume rocker and you lose zoom function but that can be done on screen anyways, not sure if there's an actual setting in the phone's app though

Island Droid

May 11, 2011
Visit site
There are camera apps that move the shutter to the volume rocker and you lose zoom function but that can be done on screen anyways, not sure if there's an actual setting in the phone's app though

Thanks - That is what I want to hear....I will gladly change the zoom for a shutter on the volume rocker.

Any ideas of the app name? ??