Unofficial Best Buy Pre-order thread. Post here when BB calls you!

xaronax

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am making this thread in hopes of getting an idea of when Best Buy starts calling people to pick up their pre-orders. I will not be in cell reception range this week (I work on a military base) and would love to know when I should drive into range and check for voicemails regarding when I can pick it up. When you post, please state when you pre-ordered the phone, which best buy (city), and maybe how many people were in front of you in the pre-order queue (they told me I was 7th when they gave me the paperwork). Thanks guys! This will be a huge help for me getting my phone ASAP! Thanks everyone! :D

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was not expecting a call either, the sales guy said it would be best to come in in the afternoon, which works great for me since I work till 3:00

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Why would you pre order through best buy when you can just pre order straight through verizon? Is best buy cheaper?

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
i really don't expect a call. i was just expecting to show up on thursday morning.

This. Except probably show up Thursday afternoon. The wife and i visited our local BB the morning of the 18 th and were told we're at the top of the list.

toramorigan

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When you guys went to BB, how many preorders did they have? I went to mine last week (I'm gonna buy it with my BB credit card) and they said they had no paperwork left, but to come up there the morning of the release.

xaronax

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
They definitely told me they would call when it was available for pickup. My problem is that I am unreachable by phone during the day. And yes, the instant rebate instead of mail-in was a big plus, as was the early pre-order. As for the guy asking about what happens if I have problems with the phone, I'll still go to my nearest Verizon store, since I'm still a Verizon customer. If I were more patient I would have waited for wirefly, they'll probably be selling it for 199 for a week and then 149. But my storm 9530 has a shattered screen, sticking surepress, and its a storm 9530. The sooner the better.

brain228

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I received a call from BB earlier today around 11:15 am. I was in a vzw store buying a cover when they called. I will be picking my Incredible up on Thursday at 11:30am which was the first available time:D....finally time to get rid of my storm 2.

Hybrid4830

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Got a call today too, picking mine up right after work on Thursday. I pre ordered it last Wednesday at the best buy here in Aiea, HI. I was 3rd to pre order it

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
When you guys went to BB, how many preorders did they have? I went to mine last week (I'm gonna buy it with my BB credit card) and they said they had no paperwork left, but to come up there the morning of the release.

My wife and I were first on the list when we got there the morning of the 18th.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I received a call from BB earlier today around 11:15 am. I was in a vzw store buying a cover when they called. I will be picking my Incredible up on Thursday at 11:30am which was the first available time:D....finally time to get rid of my storm 2.

Where are you located?

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local Best Buy to pick up a video game this morning. I decided to check up on my preorder and ask him about when I can get it. He said " We HOPE Thursday the 29th..." I then asked him if I can just come in anytime to get the phone, and he said " We will be calling people Wednesday Night when the truck comes in with the shipment, to setup a time for you to come in a pick-up the phone, because we will most likely be really busy that day....."

So it sounds like people who have been called, there store most likely has them in stock now, other stores might not get them til Wed. night.

My concern now is, when will they call me and what time will I get? I think I was one of the first ones to preorder, but from what I could see they weren't keeping an order, or list, just taking money and giving a gift card.

krispy_mobile

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Newbie here, looking to move from AT&T/blackberry bold to Verizon/HTC Inc.

Those of you able to pre-order are lucky. Just stopped by my local best buy and they had not heard of the phone, don't know if they'll get it, and aren't doing any pre-orders.

Yes, I live in the middle of nowhere.