Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
my only gripe so far is having to read through all of the negative posts. you people haven't even had the phone for a day and your already bitching. how sad is that!

droidrob3

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripes:

1. Lens contact with any surface when lying the phone flat (I feel like I always gotta lay it down softly so as to not damage the lens)

2. Unlocking takes three steps cuz I have a unlock pattern set (pushing the top button, swiping the HTC bar down, and finally gesturing my unlock pattern).. can the HTC bar be eliminated when setting a unlock pattern please?..

3. The Contacts.. errrr.. Peoples list.. Ok so I have linked together my phone, google, and facebook contacts (not the whole facebook list, just the ones I have in my phone and google lists), so the problem I have is that info listed for some can get long but upon further examination its because duplicate numbers are listed (one from phone list, the other from google).. could fix be made to set lets say google as the default contacts lists and show info phone contacts list only if different numbers/info show up there?..

4. Battery life

Besides that, phone is Incredible!!!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
my only gripe so far is having to read through all of the negative posts. you people haven't even had the phone for a day and your already bitching. how sad is that!

Perhaps the development team has someone checking out the forums for user complaints. If so, this would lead to fixes in future software upgrades. If people only posted positive things, they would think nothing's wrong and everything is perfect.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Battery life and keeping the screen on. I wish it had a setting to keep the screen on longer if it was charging.

I had a weird thing happen yesterday when I had it charging through USB on my computer while talking on a Bluetooth headset the screen would flicker on and off by itself and I couldn't keep the screen on. I tried pressing a button, touching the screen, and short pressing the power button. The screen would go on then turn off by itself very quickly.

I was also charging it today (it all goes back to the battery life, I guess) in the car when the phone rang. I could not ignore the call (or answer on speakerphone if I had wanted to) by swiping the screen.

It's still a huge upgrade from my Palm (with no data plan) 700p.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps the development team has someone checking out the forums for user complaints. If so, this would lead to fixes in future software upgrades. If people only posted positive things, they would think nothing's wrong and everything is perfect.

yea, perhaps...but still....it hasn't even been a day which tells me the people complaining are probably not happy with any device.

andrew.helman

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
News and Weather Widget from Android 2.1

On the off chance that changes do come, I'd like to see the stock 2.1 Andrew News and Weather Widget show up on the Incredible.

mwirtz

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way with the stock SMS/Android vs. Handcent/Chomp to make it so the same SMS from the same sender isn't all lumped together in a single "conversation" thread?

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually. But with the DI (and yes this is my first day with it, I know DI noob!), is there any way or another SMS app to make all the SMS's even from the same sender separate like on BB's?

Not a deal breaker, but I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

Thanks!

in handcent you can just long press the individual message and delete them, but thats the closest thing i can guess

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
they actually do it differently than everyone else because they tie everything together in one combined "thread" and it can include instant messaging apps along with SMS. But its stiill threaded

Ya I know, my friend keeps reminding me.. LOL

She wants me to get a Palm Pre Plus so we can synergize together hee

droidrob3

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Battery life and keeping the screen on. I wish it had a setting to keep the screen on longer if it was charging.

To keep the screen on longer (while not charging): menu=>settings=>sound & display=>screen timeout

To keep screen on when charging: menu=>settings=>applications=>development=>stay awake (odd place to put it?)

Hope thats what you're looking for! :)

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They bumped up my October 2010 NE2. You won't have any problem getting it bumped up.

Certainly encouraging. I'm in August and thought I'd be out of the water for months.

Did you call the regular customer support # (611)? Or retentions or something like that? Did you have a particularly large account with them?

Thanks.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Dial 611 and hit 0. Be calm, polite, yet confident this is what you want to do. When I explained my situation last year to get the Tour early, her response was "Let me look at this... alright sir, your upgrade has been moved up. Anything else I can do for you today?" Very easy.