Display Setting: Screen Timeout Using Phone

c308682

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm able to successfully change my screen timeout time to what I want. it works in all modes except when talking on the phone, then the display goes black.

Is there a separate display timeout setting for the phone when the line is open? What are the phone behaviors for the display to be on or off when active on a call?

What should my behavior be?? :)

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There are no separate timers for the phone screen. There's a proximity sensor on the phone that detects when the phone is against your face, which causes the screen to turn black. When you pull it away from your face, it will turn back on again.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm able to successfully change my screen timeout time to what I want. it works in all modes except when talking on the phone, then the display goes black.

Is there a separate display timeout setting for the phone when the line is open? What are the phone behaviors for the display to be on or off when active on a call?

What should my behavior be?? :)

Thanks

do you have the issue that when the screen times out, you have to hit the power button once and then slide to unlock? is there a way to NOT have to hit the power button? i think if you set the phone on standby by hitting the power button, then you should have to hit it to bring the screen back up. its annoying when i'm at work and keep the phone on the desk all day, and yet i have to keep hitting power and then slide down to bring the screen back up.

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind if the backlight ends after 30 seconds or a minute. I just don't want to have to do the pattern unlock until... say, 15 minutes + has passed?

Any way to do that?

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If you're having the problem of the app stopping while using Pandora be sure to disable or change the Low Memory Settings in Preferences.

PANDORA:
When paused for an extended period of time, Pandora will automatically shutdown in a low memory situation.