MMS: Multiple attachments not showing up for recipient

MikeYasuragi

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Greetings! Blackberry convert here, just got the Incredible yesterday, and have been having problems with the SMS/MMS application.

When I attach more than one picture in an MMS, most of the people I know are not able to view anything but the first picture. Their phones are telling them that there are more than one, but only show blank images for the rest.

However, this is NOT universal. Some of my friends can receive MMS with multiple attachments just fine. To test whether or not I was perhaps composing the message wrong, I sent the exact same MMS with three pictures to ten people at once. Three of them could see all 3 images, the other seven could not.

And then it gets stranger... I asked the people who could not view the images to forward the message back to me. All three pictures showed up in the forwarded (returned) messages, EXCEPT for one case where only the first image came back.

I am the only person in this group using Android, but the range of phones used is fairly large. There are Blackberries, iPhones, feature phones, dumbphones, touchscreens, QWERTY sliders, clamshells, etc.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the images are not showing up for some people and not for others. A couple of Google and AC Forum searches turned up nothing, so if you have any information, please share :)

Thanks!

MikeYasuragi

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I hit Verizon's store yesterday, and as far as any of the employees could tell, it's a software bug. We tried sending pics from my Incredible to many of the employee phones, as well as demo models, and received the same mixed results. Oddly enough, neither of the employees with Moto Droids could view the pics...

So what it boiled down to is that the store emailed the Verizon HTC rep with the issue and reported it as a Known Issue, hopefully in time to get them working on a fix for it for inclusion in the next update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa