Missing Wants

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Phone is great, fast and fairly easy to pickup and use. Overtime I am looking for some things and features that I have not yet found or are not available yet.

o Root Access

Primarily this is so that I can use something like SetCPU which will greatly improve the battery life of the phone. This requires a root'ed phone to work, hence the need for root access. Not expecting this to be possible right away, but a goal.

I know that several are working on this already.

o Torch (flashlight)

already missing this simple tool that turns on the LED of the phone as use as a fairly strong flashlight. I know that there are apps now, but I think you need a root'ed phone to use them. The one for the Moto Droid was made for it so it works without root.

o Time managed Profile for Email/Reminders/SMS

For me, SMS pages are that, pages and they are alerts. I need to hear them every day 7x24. They need to be loud and repeat until I turn them off.

Email, is a luxury (corp via Exchange, not Gmail so much). I don't want to hear them arrive after 11pm. They are not as important.

alarms/reminders (there seems to be both on the DI) are important so I don't miss meetings and I need them as an Alarm to wake up at weird times at night.

For this, I am already working on a combination of TouchDown, HandCent SMS and Setting Profiles, but I still don't have it right especially the repeating part.

o Slingmedia Player

In the works, should be available this summer.

o Decent easy to use desktop cradle

Want 2. one for home on my night stand and one for work on my desk. Unlike the NexusOne which has special battery extended probes on the bottom of the phone, the DI needs to use the MicroSD... Not sure how smooth that will be to plug in and out of a cradle yet.

I see that Seidio has one coming out, and I suspect that Boxwave and even Verizon sill as well. the Google one for the NexusOne was very cool though. Would have bought 2 of those in a heartbeat had I ended up with one.

Got my eye on their 1750mAh battery too. Already picked up 2 retractable MicroUSB to USB charge/data cables off Amazon.

o Bluetooth Hands free

Knew this starting out that it was an Android issue. Receiving calls while driving using BT headset is not issue and I really don't make that many outgoing calls. If I know I will need to, I can stage the call and just have the BT headset redial.

I think there is an option to deal with this but the phone needs to have root access. A real solution from Google is needed however.

Wonder how many didn't research the phone and the platform and don't know this is an issue??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress