Help with location...my phone thinks I'm in Spain

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
For the past few days my weather has been displaying my current location as Laluenga Spain. I'm in Albany N.Y. Does anyone know how to correct this? It's too hot in Laluenga. ;)

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache for the HTC Clock and Weather. Also, remove the widget and replace it.

The widgets cache was at 0.00 when I went in. The data was at 4.00. I removed and re-added the widget to the home screen and it still didn't correct it. It seems to he confused where I am. One second Albany and then the next Spain....what gives? I tried my GPS on my way home tonight and it just was "searching for GPS" the entire time.

romy134

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem just wasn't as off as yours. I live in LA but it said I was in Fresno. I tried alot of stuff but eventually I just did a Hard reset. Hope you don't have to do that, but it is what I had to do eventually.

Bucsfan76

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
The widgets cache was at 0.00 when I went in. The data was at 4.00. I removed and re-added the widget to the home screen and it still didn't correct it. It seems to he confused where I am. One second Albany and then the next Spain....what gives? I tried my GPS on my way home tonight and it just was "searching for GPS" the entire time.
Funny I am 2 hours south of you and I get a different city in Spain, I should check to see if my city in Spain is 2 hours south of your city

Bucsfan76

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I checked the distance between my town and your town in NY and in Spain and they are both approx. 2 hours and 15 mins away from each other

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a bug that HTC never corrected in older versions of Sense. It's the reason I stopped using HTC's weather widgets on my old EVO 4G.

The EVO 3D doesn't seem to have that problem, but I use Go Weather for my weather widgets now.

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It's a bug that HTC never corrected in older versions of Sense. It's the reason I stopped using HTC's weather widgets on my old EVO 4G.

The EVO 3D doesn't seem to have that problem, but I use Go Weather for my weather widgets now.

In a year this is the first time I have encountered this. My navigation is wonky also. Can't find a GPS signal.

Briredsoxs

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue and Google maps is also affected. When I’m in a building with not so great signal I end up in Kentucky... walk outside the building I’m back in FL.:p

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
my gps works fine just the weather is wrong

I'm all fixed up now. GPS works and so does my weather widget. I guess Verizon fudged something up when rolling out the 4G in update New York. I got to spend 3 days in Spain, I feel so cultured. If you get a chance to go there I highly recommend it. ;) :p