After a week....

g77rvd

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can also add your own alarm sounds - just create a folder on your SD card media - then another folder inside that called audio and then another folder inside that called alarms

you can also add ringtones and notifications folders in there and add your custom sounds accordingly

this is exactly what I needed. Thanks

pmasinvest

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can also add your own alarm sounds - just create a folder on your SD card media - then another folder inside that called audio and then another folder inside that called alarms

you can also add ringtones and notifications folders in there and add your custom sounds accordingly

That's correct. And if you don't have an sdcard, you can do exactly the same thing right in the phone's internal memory

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Storm I STILL keep thinking "This phone can't possibly be THIS good. There has to be something wrong here. Why haven't I had to pull the battery once in the last week? Why hasn't it slowed down at all? I'm sure the next 10 apps I download will cause it to burst into flames."!

Honestly, the only difficult part about owning this phone for me was learning to just relax and enjoy it.

g77rvd

May 6, 2010
Visit site

thanks this was a life saver for me

Mystic205

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
hmm,
sounds like all you guys are having fun!.. i am on sprint so this all gives me feel good value for when the EVO comes out!!

jib

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am loving it! I was lucky and pre-ordered mine and received it a couple of days prior to the release. The battery has tamed down and I have played with a lot of the free apps. Prior to this I had a PTT phone and a Blackberry for work, I feel like I just stepped out of the stone age!

anon(20500)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The battery improved for me dramatically over the first week. Yesterday my phone was on 16 hrs and i still had 33% left. I'm not a heavy user but compared to earlier in the week, it's quite a difference. I was surfing this forum earlier in the week hoping to find a battery life fix but it seems to have found itself!

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been thrilled with the phone. I agree that battery life has improved over the past week but I'll still likely get a better one later. I've been very impressed with some of the photos I've grabbed with the camera. My biggest problem with the phone is that it's so customizable that I can't stop rearranging things!

dsa1971

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Any comments on using the incredible outside? Reviews claim
the phone is unusable outside due to the screen. Is that true?
I have an iPhone. It's not great outside but it's functional.
I actually use my iPhone outside quite a bit in the summer. I sit by the pool
and listen to MLB. I am interested in the Incredible but
only if the screen is at least functionally viewable outside

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Not noticing great increases in battery, but still loving this phone. Had a need to try out the FM radio this week - worked great, too.

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

The screen does suck outdoors but I wouldn't say unusable. In the shade it's a little better but if you're in direct sun it's not easy to see. Can't even imagine what it's gonna be like trying to use on the beach this summer. That might actually be a situation where it's unusable

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is much better outdoors but I would not say the Incredible screen is unusable. However you would not use it casually outdoors as you describe because it is too hard to see.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I would still prefer an iPhone but this is close enough until Verizon gets the iPhone. I will never go back to AT&T. My call quality, reliability, and coverage is dramatically better. I don't have any complaints about battery life but I don't use all the widgets etc. I find they just get in my way. Media syncing and usage needs work. Love the Google Nav stuff which you are unlikely to ever see on the iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87