Need help getting recent update....please!

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Wednesday morning i had the notification for the ota update but when i would select install now nothing happened. So i click more info and the notification dissappeared. Ive been waiting for two days to be notified again but i have not received it yet. VZW suggested i reboot my phone by shutting it down and then holding the volume down button and the power button to start up to the HBOOT screen and reboot that way but nothing came of that either. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve it and get the update installed?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
According to another forum, the OTA update was coming from the following URL:

https://android.clients.google.com/packages/incrediblec/OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_1.22.605.2_1.22.605.0_ release_sign.a33bc3bf.zip

Which is in its full path:

Code:
https://android.clients.google.com/packages/incrediblec/OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_1.22.605.2_1.22.605.0_ release_sign.a33bc3bf.zip

I've heard, but don't know for sure, that with this URL you can obtain the update without waiting for it to be presented again.

Use at your own Risk!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
And I may add, since I don't know your circumstances, you don't really NEED the update unless you use an exchange server for email. It just fixed an issue with it.

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I use exchange for work email but have not tried to reply all to an email yet. Just want to make sure I don't have a problem when I need to send one. Thanks, I may try This today. If I do I will post if it works.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you take it in to a VZW store or call Customer service, they should be able to push the OTA to you on demand.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You may have tried this already, but have you tried doing a full power off and back on? I also think I remember seeing this somewhere but the OTA updates will push again after a couple days when they re-sweep the network for un-updated phones. I may be wrong on that though.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Already called customer service and they don't have any idea why this has happened. I asked if they could just push it out again and they said no.

That's weird. They should be able to send it to your phone no problem. Try going in to a VZW store if there's one near you.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That OTA came from Google though not through Verizon, or at least the download came from google servers, so maybe that's why they can't push it?

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay....I fixed it. Thank you all for your suggestions. Here is what I did. I grew tired of waiting on VZW to find a solution so I decided to do a Factory Reset. Once it started up and I was going through the setup process I was notified of the update and it installed this time. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer