How to change default alarm sound?

vatsyk

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It sounds pretty odd, but how to change the default alarm sound?, I checked all the menus and did not find a proper tab

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmmm. I looked around and didn't find it either. I'll keep hunting and let you know if I turn something up.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The alarm sounds are set individually with each alarm. Open up the screen where you can set alarms, then look below "Description" and it says "Alarm Sound."

So, in steps, that's:
Clock>Slide bar at bottom to Alarms>Add alarm>Alarm sound.

tom1l21

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The alarm sounds are set individually with each alarm. Open up the screen where you can set alarms, then look below "Description" and it says "Alarm Sound."

So, in steps, that's:
Clock>Slide bar at bottom to Alarms>Add alarm>Alarm sound.

Is there any way to specify a default alarm sound so I don't have to change it after adding a new alarm? Mine is set to "growl" which is so freaking loud and annoying. Using evo on cm6

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to be an a$$ but you know this thread is
A) almost a year old
B) the Droid Incredible forum.

exmilguy

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So, after I was late for work because the nice alarm sound I used was locked in as the default I found out how to change it on my Droid Maxx, may work for others. I used the voice recognition to set an alarm, opened that alarm and changed the alarm sound to the rooster alarm. I then set a second alarm and it showed the rooster alarm as the default. So, it is possible to change it, just a shame it isn't an option in sounds like it was on my Bionic. Ease of navigation is something people like and Google better realize that, the price on the iPhone 6 was actually cheaper than my phone...and I understand it is more user friendly than before.

Arshsingh13

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
It sounds pretty odd, but how to change the default alarm sound?, I checked all the menus and did not find a proper tab

it's very simple
first download "Es file Explorer file manager" application from play store
then go to the location where song is saved
like in my case I want to set a whatsapp audio that my friend send me as an alarm...
so I went to file manager then whatsapp folder then whatsapp audio folder and I clicked on the audio it gave option to open in which application such as Google play music and es media player
click on es media player then there's a three vertical dots at top right click on that and set Ringtone then set as alarm click on it.... That's done now your song will be available but you have to select it
go to clock
click on sound and your song will be available click on that....
ENJOYYYYYY

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site
it's very simple
like in my case I want to set a whatsapp audio that my friend send me as an alarm...
so I went to file manager then whatsapp folder then whatsapp audio folder and I clicked on the audio it gave option to open in which application such as Google play music and es media player
click on es media player then there's a three vertical dots at top right click on that and set Ringtone then set as alarm click on it.... That's done now your song will be available but you have to select it
go to clock
ENJOYYYYYY

Thank you. What I was missing was using the "es media player" and then the 3 dots top right.

WillTraveler

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
it's very simple
go to clock
ENJOYYYYYY

Thanks! Works like a charm :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch