When is the 2.2 update coming??

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering I have seen the new 2.2 update demo on the nexus one with flash that's coming out soon. And was wondering does the incredible need this update to run the full flash and will we wait forever to get this to be able to run full flash? I know this phone runs flash lite but will it get the full flash 10.1 or will it need the update.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
let me look into my crystal ball...

reply hazy, dang.

adobe has demoed flash working on the droid when it was running 2.0, so most likely we won't need an update to the OS to enable flash.

hopefully though the 2.2 update doesn't change enough of the things that sense depends on so that HTC can get it to us sooner rather than later.

but what i'm really pulling for is root on the inc before any of that happens.

:)

R

Roy Aguilera

Being that it would be the first update hope we see it soon. VZW has a history of releasing the first MR within the first 60 days.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
well if the evo 4g shows up with 2.2 at the i/o conference it will be fantastic news for us...

btw the thread title is very misleading

R

Roy Aguilera

well if the evo 4g shows up with 2.2 at the i/o conference it will be fantastic news for us...

btw the thread title is very misleading

Will change it. I thought the same thing but got caught up doing other stuff.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I hope Google is "encouraging" HTC to release updates faster, especially since they nixed the Nexus One for the Incredible and the EVO.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
htc has nothing to do with the nexus one not being adopted by sprint or verizon.

the carriers simply decided to make do with their respective devices.

provided i think the way that it is distributed is stupid, i agree with them dropping it.