My incredible died after less than 2 days.

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I just typed up this long post, but the forum craped out and didn't submit it. Here we go again...

Woke up this morning, phone was powered off and would not turn on, even though it had been connected to the wall charger all night. Did the usual song and dance to reinserting the battery with and without the charger connected. Tried a different outlet in a different wall, tried charging from computer, and so on. No charge light, no power. Did most of the steps again with Verizon rep on the phone, before being told I could either have a phone shipped to me Monday or exchange in store. I elected to go to the store.

The tech support rep performed the same rain dance again, further confirming the issue. Unfortunately, they had no phones on hand, but would be able to have one shipped to me by tomorrow afternoon (by which time I would have already left for work). However, the replacement could be new, or it could be a like-new phone! A customer has spent $300 on a brand new phone - which has died within 2 days of ownership - and could get a used phone in exchange! I was pretty letdown by that possibility. And I don't know if I have anyway of knowing if its a used phone or not.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you can't tell whether it is new or used what does it matter?

Regardless, I am guessing the stock of refurbs is quite low atm, so I wouldn't worry.

I am interested in where the phone is coming from that they will have it to you tomorrow, maybe stock is dripping in?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep mine is really acting up when trying to answer an incoming call. Im getting one FedEx 2day to me since all the local stores are out of stock. Brand new baby.

Also the Rep showed me the stock screen and there are no refurbs in the system to ship to people.

Last edited:
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thats good to know. It should be reassuring to some to note that the phone tech said that this is the first instance she is hearing of this issue. Then again its only been 2 weeks.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I really hope HTC takes their time with the froyo update, and gets these bugs figured out. It is starting to make me think about returning the phone, and buying another after a couple months, maybe an update or 2 as well. As I dont want to be 75 days in with a bricked phone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah first 30 days you are under warranty still. If you have the extended warranty I believe it pushes that out to a year. If you receive a refurb don't take it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non