is it just me or does your space bar....

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Is just me or is the inc.'s space bar a little glitchy? When I type, text, message etc. And I really get going pretty quick I hit space, it makes the sound and vibrates and a few words later I notice that two words are smashed together. My wife complained about the same thing. It happens to me quite often; actually a few times while typing this post.

Am I doing something wrong?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It might be the spell checker helping do that. Space would be accepting the word and not giving you a space. I use the HTC IME keyboard which acts a bit different.

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought mine was doing it for a while too, but then I realized I wad actually reaching too high for the top row and selecting in the text box without knowing and would keep typing so words would ne mashed together. I especially notice this when in landscape.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to have that problem.

Have you calibrated the keyboard? I found that makes a huge difference. If I switch from thumb use to two hands, I sometime recalibrate for that as well as the single thumb is typically off to the left of each character (holding the phone in my left hand)

Each of the keyboard types have calibration tools for them.

Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Calibration Tool.

I have both Swype and the HTC IME keyboards loaded. Use the Red Theme with the latter...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
pardon the ignorance, but where would i get my hands on the htc_ime keyboard, i think that's what i had on my moto droid and i liked it more than the current touch input one on the inc...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Swype ftw. Don't have to hit space between word, when you lift it automagically inserts a space for you.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, especially when I'm texting quite rapidly. It's kind of annoying cuz my phone doesn't autocorrect the words as being two separate words like my iPod touch does. Hopefully there will be an update for that? Or not, I'm not sure how often updates are pushed for Android devices, moved from a BlackBerry Tour to Android, happy so far.

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to have that problem.

Have you calibrated the keyboard? I found that makes a huge difference. If I switch from thumb use to two hands, I sometime recalibrate for that as well as the single thumb is typically off to the left of each character (holding the phone in my left hand)

Each of the keyboard types have calibration tools for them.

Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Calibration Tool.

I have both Swype and the HTC IME keyboards loaded. Use the Red Theme with the latter...

once i got used to swype its soo much faster and easier but i also have a new jersey devils keyboard along with a baltimore orioles one

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Mines a little glitchy as well. Also, doesn't always seem to push when I push it. Works well most of the time. But some times I need to press it a couple of times to get it to register. I think its the keyboard itself since I've never been able to duplicate it with any other keyboards.

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Well at least I am not alone. Too bad that there does not seem to be an easy fix. I did calibrate my Inc. a while back. Hopefully they update us so it will separate the words automatically when it does this, that would solve it for the most part.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
\ and = are on the 12# screen set 2/2.

When on the normal alpha screen, hit the 12# button near the bottom right, the shift to the 2nd set by hitting the 1/2 button on the bottom left.

raorth

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is just me or is the inc.'s space bar a little glitchy? When I type, text, message etc. And I really get going pretty quick I hit space, it makes the sound and vibrates and a few words later I notice that two words are smashed together. My wife complained about the same thing. It happens to me quite often; actually a few times while typing this post.

Am I doing something wrong?

Glad you brought this up. This has really frustrated me as it slows down my typing tremendously. Need a fix for this or else back it goes.