Gmail...whats up dude?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm having problems establishing a connection with my gmail account. Anyone else having these problems? What's the fix? I've tried the reconnect button many times...no dice:mad: throw a dog a Freakin bone here

theeroopable

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had to actually delete my "phone storage", as the "clear data" under "manage applications' wasn't cutting it for me. If you're going to give this a try, I would suggest saving all the info saved on your phone; I didn't do this and lost all my pictures.

My gmail is now working though! A sacrifice has been made. ;)

That option is under Settings > SD card & phone storage > Scroll to bottom "Format phone storage".

You could give the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Scroll to Gmail > "Clear Data" > Restart, a shot before doing the other.

I assumed that by "establish a connection" you meant at the bottom of the gmail app it says, "No connection. Retry" or something along those lines.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had to actually delete my "phone storage", as the "clear data" under "manage applications' wasn't cutting it for me. If you're going to give this a try, I would suggest saving all the info saved on your phone; I didn't do this and lost all my pictures.

My gmail is now working though! A sacrifice has been made. ;)

That option is under Settings > SD card & phone storage > Scroll to bottom "Format phone storage".

You could give the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Scroll to Gmail > "Clear Data" > Restart, a shot before doing the other.

I assumed that by "establish a connection" you meant at the bottom of the gmail app it says, "No connection. Retry" or something along those lines.
I'm looking for a possible fix a little less drastic...any other ideas?

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried this from another site and it worked great. It took two minutes:

Gmail/No Connection - Page 4 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
3a. (On the Driod, you then have to press Menu again, press Filter, and choose the Show All option)
4. Select Gmail Storage and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
5. Return to the list of applications by pressing the < Back > key.
6. Select Gmail and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
7. Restart your device (Press and hold the < End call > button, then select Power off. Press < End call > to power on).

Your device will re-sync with the server after restarting (this may take several minutes)

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is crazy...my Gmail just stopped working right now. I was sending a bunch of pictures with it and then I noticed that new emails were just showing up in the count at the top (i.e. "Inbox (1)"), but there was no new message to be read in the message list.

I tried sending my Gmail account an email from another account and the unread counter at the top increased. Now I am getting the "No Connection -- Retry" error.

What gives?? I do not want to clear my phone as has been suggested above......

Please help!

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The weird thing is that even now, as I keep sending my Gmail account emails, the counter increases at the top of the screen when my Gmail account is open, but the message list is replaced by the "! No connection -- Retry" line....Grrrr...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty