What size SD card can I fit into the Incredible?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
That's kind of surprising that a lot of the smartphones coming out are capable of 32gb.

I guess they figured 32gb are too high in price and aren't being purchased as much.

I remembered when the 32gb iPhone was announced, most companies made their devices support up to 32gb sdcard.

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
From what I've gathered, you CAN use a 32GB card, but the phone is not able to format it, so you'd have to format the card on your computer (using the adapter). As far as the speed goes, classification of a card affects the transfer rate/speed, in other words, it can be noticeable when transferring/copying/moving files from the card or from PC to the phone. I might be wrong about all this, but this is what I think is true

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
From what I've gathered, you CAN use a 32GB card, but the phone is not able to format it, so you'd have to format the card on your computer (using the adapter). As far as the speed goes, classification of a card affects the transfer rate/speed, in other words, it can be noticeable when transferring/copying/moving files from the card or from PC to the phone. I might be wrong about all this, but this is what I think is true

correct, also with apps being (finally) allowed to be stored on the sd card with the upcoming 2.2 update, you might want to invest in a faster sd card (class 6+)

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly, Droid owners are getting the 2.2 update within a month. I wonder - how long will it take HTC/VZW to push this awesomeness upon us, the Incredible owners?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
correct, also with apps being (finally) allowed to be stored on the sd card with the upcoming 2.2 update, you might want to invest in a faster sd card (class 6+)

I have a friend that is giving me his extra 16gig card out of his MotoDroid, Im guessing I wont have speed issues?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend that is giving me his extra 16gig card out of his MotoDroid, Im guessing I wont have speed issues?

i have a class 2 16GB card and havent noticed any speed issues. the class says their max read/write times if I recall correctly, so class 2 does about 2 MBps, class 4 does 4MBps etc etc.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

not for normal use, but large apps (which don't really exist at the moment, but most likely will become more prevalent with 2.2) may experience some lag type issues.

but by the time we get 2.2 on this phone, faster 16gb cards should be cheap anyways. :)

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The only spec I have read about the Dinc supporting up to 16GB is from Verizon. Every other review or spec I have read says it supports up to 32GB. Is VZW capping the Dinc to 16GB?

IncrediBill

May 23, 2010
Visit site

The manual indicates DI supports SD 2.0 protocol of which, as far as I can find out, Class 6 is the fastest available. The Kingston Class 10 card is SD 3.0 protocol, does anybody know if the DI can take advantage of the Class 10 cards?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The Incredible does support a 32gb card but as someone else stated the phone can not format it the card must be formatted using your computer.