HTC Incredible vs. Motorola Droid Xtreme

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Who cares? The inc does more than my laptop from five years ago. In five years the phones will be in par with current laptops. Its how things go. If you own a device for newest bragging rights you'll be broke. Otherwise just enjoy your device.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Good point! What is amazing though is how the Incredible kind of came out of no where and next thing you know, it catapults to the top and becomes the new BENCHMARK! Quite impressive if you ask me.

Meanwhile Motorola and the others are still scrambling around. HTC has make huge leaps in such a short period of time. :D

Who cares? The inc does more than my laptop from five years ago. In five years the phones will be in par with current laptops. Its how things go. If you own a device for newest bragging rights you'll be broke. Otherwise just enjoy your device.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you did this over in the Motorola forum cause you didn't like the Incredible and basically trashed it saying the Droid was superior. Can you please stay over in that forum and stop harassing and being rude to those of us that like the Incredible? Geez!

deleted post specified

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
OK back to topic...so the question will come down to, will the majority of consumers prefer the Incredible with the Sense UI and 3.7" over the Droid's UI with its larger size of 4.3"? I believe the Incredible is still more along the lines of what the "majority" of consumers are after.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the only thing this tells us is that there are fanboys within Android: HTC, and Motorola.

As the Incredible is the first HTC device I've owned, I can't say I'm a fanboy of HTC. But I'm definitely not one of Motorola, either.

This just comes back to my advice for buying new tech: Go with what does everything that you need, and don't look back, regardless of new devices. Until you can upgrade, of course ;).

Although I'm not sure what happened to fearmychickens' post that lawnboy quoted. I guess Jerry removed it...?

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Let's just say it was not politically correct.

But I think you are right, kind of like the Ford and Chevy debate. Some people swear by one and would never own the other, but each categories to a specific customer and I think the same is true with HTC and Motorola.

Personally, I think HTC is going after Apple based on their product. Motorola, like others are out there, but again, just cater to a different kind of customer.

I think the only thing this tells us is that there are fanboys within Android: HTC, and Motorola.

As the Incredible is the first HTC device I've owned, I can't say I'm a fanboy of HTC. But I'm definitely not one of Motorola, either.

This just comes back to my advice for buying new tech: Go with what does everything that you need, and don't look back, regardless of new devices. Until you can upgrade, of course ;).

Although I'm not sure what happened to fearmychickens' post that lawnboy quoted. I guess Jerry removed it...?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
And three months later, the Droid X will be leap-frogged by another HTC phone (quite possibly the DROID Incredible's successor).

You are in denial if you think that that won't happen. It is called technology.

I never stated the contrary.(that new technology will make the Droid X less superior in the months to follow)

I just find it somewhat amusing that some of you try to prop up your current phone. I saw the same thing happen to Motorola Droid users who bashed the Incredible and attempted to find reasons their device is better. I was a droid user myself and was able to upgrade my device and saw some of the lunatic statements people came up with why the Droid was better. I suppose it helps people sleep at night.

Really no harm done. I just don't want a repeat of the over valuation of a lesser device to happen again.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
OK back to topic...so the question will come down to, will the majority of consumers prefer the Incredible with the Sense UI and 3.7" over the Droid's UI with its larger size of 4.3"? I believe the Incredible is still more along the lines of what the "majority" of consumers are after.

Thoughts?

I've played with HD2 (and not the EVO 4G) but the whole reason I purchased an Incredible was the screens size. 4.3" is, for me, to big. I'm sure that others will disagree, and I respect that. But for me, the DROID Incredible is the perfect size.

Plus, the Sense UI is, and IMHO will continue to be, superior to Motoblur, regardless of what Motorola does to tweak it into a more mass-market look. It just isn't needed. Sense UI is (once again, IMHO, though I have had plenty of time with every major smartphone OS) the best looking. I'd argue that iOS is easier to use, but Sense UI continues to be better looking.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Furthermore, if these high-end devices are running MotoBlur... Well yeah, let's just hope that Motorola can mop that mess up into something useful. I've yet to meet one person who actually needs that much social networking integration. And yes, Sense UI integrates well with social networks. Well enough for me, and I consider myself to be fairly heavy into social networking.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Supposedly they have revamped their interface to be less intrusive. No one has even tested the new Blur that will be released but you are already trying to convince yourself of reasons that The Droid X will not be good as your current model phone

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to no device or product for that matter, is perfect. It is up to the individual consumer to decide what works best for them. Whether its a phone, TV, car, etc., there will always be a "newer" version at some point and something else that may take the spotlight. But, the difference is if you buy a very good product today, it will still be good tomorrow and the next. :)

I never stated the contrary.(that new technology will make the Droid X less superior in the months to follow)

I just find it somewhat amusing that some of you try to prop up your current phone. I saw the same thing happen to Motorola Droid users who bashed the Incredible and attempted to find reasons their device is better. I was a droid user myself and was able to upgrade my device and saw some of the lunatic statements people came up with why the Droid was better. I suppose it helps people sleep at night.

Really no harm done. I just don't want a repeat of the over valuation of a lesser device to happen again.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm a fanboy of no manufacturer. My loyalty is to Android and to Google.

When I find the next hottest device that is the one I will get.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I'm talking about. Supposedly they have revamped their interface to be less intrusive. No one has even tested the new Blur that will be released but you are already trying to convince yourself of reasons that The Droid X will not be good as your current model phone

I am not. I'm merely stating that, based on Motorola's track record of providing a smooth (like Sense) interface, the odds don't look good. I'm not trying to convince myself.

I could use the same argument against you, though.

sorry if that wasn't civil enough... pm me to edit it if it's not.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
just saw this post. If I'm getting uncivil let me know.. I will tone down my responses.

You're good :)

Debate and discussion is cool, and even moderators like it. Just keep the personal attacks and flames away and all is well, and if someone can't contain themselves just hit the report button. Cory has an awesome system in place and usually one (or more) of us is on top of things in a few minutes.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to no device or product for that matter, is perfect. It is up to the individual consumer to decide what works best for them. Whether its a phone, TV, car, etc., there will always be a "newer" version at some point and something else that may take the spotlight. But, the difference is if you buy a very good product today, it will still be good tomorrow and the next. :)

whats great about Android devices is that their is great secondary market. If you keep up to date you can resell your phone for decent price and wait till newer model released. This way the upgrade is not uber expensive.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fanboy of no manufacturer. My loyalty is to Android and to Google.

When I find the next hottest device that is the one I will get.

I'm not free to go and buy any device that I please. I go by my contract, annually upgrading. I go to the best phone at the time, that does everything I need it to. Anything else is an extra. Most of what the Incredible does is an extra, since all I need a phone to do is call, text, and browse the web.

I have plenty of loyalties. But none dictate what phone I get. I get the best of what I can at the time of my upgrade. Whether that is Apple, Palm, Nokia, or Google all depends.

But extras are good.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not. I'm merely stating that, based on Motorola's track record of providing a smooth (like Sense) interface, the odds don't look good. I'm not trying to convince myself.

I could use the same argument against you, though.

fine fair enough.

If the option to turn off blur is available would the Droid X be a superior device or are their other factors involved?

I'm in the boat of giving Moto a chance with the new blur. Worst case scenario I wait till root and put a stock vanilla install.

I'm bleeding edge and was impressed by the original Droid. I moved on to the Inc and was impressed by that device. Since I'm on Verizon I did not go for the evo, even though its a kick ass device.

Hopefully the X will be as good as its getting hyped becasue I plan on jumping ship if it is.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not free to go and buy any device that I please. I go by my contract, annually upgrading. I go to the best phone at the time, that does everything I need it to. Anything else is an extra. Most of what the Incredible does is an extra, since all I need a phone to do is call, text, and browse the web.

I have plenty of loyalties. But none dictate what phone I get. I get the best of what I can at the time of my upgrade. Whether that is Apple, Palm, Nokia, or Google all depends.

But extras are good.

I plan to just sell my INC on secondary market. Should be able to nab close to $500 for it. That puuts me well on my way to the upgrade since I'd have to buy the X at retail price.